Locum - Medical Microbiologist/Infectious Diseases Consultant - Charlottetown
Looking for a break from that long commute? How about working in a place that encourages work-life balance - a place with red sand beaches, friendly communities, world famous seafood and culinary adventures?
Look no further than Prince Edward Island...
Health PEI is currently seeking a locum Medical Microbiologist / Infectious Diseases Consultant for the month of April 2019. The main work location will be the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, located in the province’s capital city of Charlottetown.
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital is operated by Health PEI, a crown corporation responsible for the delivery of publicly funded health services in Prince Edward Island. Health PEI's head office is located at 16 Garfield Street, Charlottetown, PEI.
• Contract for service at $210.90 per hour
Hours of Work:
• Average of 37.5 hours/week
• Return travel based on economy airfare. If traveling by car, mileage rates are determined by PEI Treasury Board Policy and cannot exceed economy airfare.
• Coverage of application fees with the Medical Society of PEI and some application fees with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI.
• Locum support stipend to offset the cost of accommodations and other living expenses: $200/day worked June-September and $150/day worked October-May up to a maximum of $7,500 per fiscal year. Physicians must complete the Locum Support Stipend form to receive these funds.
• Arrangements and payment for car rental and accommodations are the responsibility of the physician.
Certifications and Other Requirements:
• Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada eligibility or certification
• Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island
• Appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging
• Work experience preferable
For further information:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment & Retention Secretariat
Department of Health & Wellness