Locum - OBGYN - Charlottetown
Health PEI is currently seeking Locum Obstetricians/Gynecologists to provide support to its team of specialists. Placement opportunities can be as short as a 1 week or as long as 6 months, Ideally between February - September 2021. The Obstetricians/Gynecologists will work out of a shared clinic located in Prince Edward Island’s charming capital city, Charlottetown. Health PEI, a crown corporation is responsible for the delivery of publicly funded health services in Prince Edward Island. Health PEI’s head office is located at 16 Garfield Street, Charlottetown, PEI
The Locum physician will share in the responsibility for the care of approximately two-thirds of the women in the province of Prince Edward Island, which has a population of more than 150,000 residents. Obstetricians/Gynecologists in the province provide prenatal care and deliveries.
The physician will have privileges in the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, the provincial referral centre, a 243-bed facility, providing a broad range of specialty support services including; general surgery, urology, radiology, medicine and ICU. The service is well supported by the local tertiary centre for maternal-fetal medicine and oncology services.
Hours of Work:
Regular office access Monday-Friday up to 37.5 hours/week
- Participation in on-call services with the group of Obstetricians/Gynecologists.
- Provide referral services for family physicians in the province.
- The physician shall have the option of choosing fee-for-service or contract for service payment modality.
- Return travel based on economy airfare. If traveling by car, mileage rates are determined by PEI Treasury Board Policy and cannot exceed economy airfare.
- Application fees with the Medical Society of PEI and some application fees with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI will be covered.
- Locum support stipend to offset the cost of accommodations and other living expenses: $200/day worked June - September and $150/day worked October - May up to a maximum of $7500 per fiscal year. Physicians must complete the Locum Support Stipend Form to receive these funds.
- Arrangements and payment for car rental and accommodations are the responsibility of the physician.
Certifications and Other Requirements:
- FRCPC or eligibility for Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada Certification;
- Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island; and
- Appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging.
To apply, send C.V. to:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment & Retention Secretariat
(902) 368-6302; firstname.lastname@example.org
"In the event of a discrepancy in information on this website and the Master Agreement, the Master Agreement shall prevail."