Locum - OBGYN - Summerside
Health PEI is currently seeking Locum Obstetricians/Gynecologists to provide support to its team of specialists beginning immediately for 6 months. Placement opportunities can be as short as a 1 week or as long as 6 months. The Obstetricians/Gynecologists will work out of a clinic located in Summerside, Prince Edward Island and provide on-call coverage at Prince County Hospital which is operated by Health PEI, a crown corporation is responsible for the delivery of publicly funded health services in Prince Edward Island. Health PEI’s head office is located at 16 Garfield Street, Charlottetown, PEI
The Locum physician will share in the responsibility for the care of approximately one-third of the women in the province of Prince Edward Island, which has a population of more than 150,000 residents. Obstetricians/Gynecologists in the province provide prenatal care and deliveries. The physician will have privileges in the Prince County Hospital, a 110-bed regional hospital with a six-bed ICU that provides specialty services in Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Anesthesia, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Pediatrics, ENT and Psychiatry.
Hours of Work:
- Regular office access Monday-Friday up to 37.5 hours/week
- Participation is required for after hours on-call services at Prince County Hospital.
- Provide referral services for family physicians and nurse practitioners in the province.
- Participation in on-call services with the group of Obstetricians/Gynecologists.
- The physician shall have the option of choosing fee-for-service or contract for service payment modality.
- To discuss remuneration and options in further detail, contact the Recruitment and Retention Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Return travel based on economy airfare. If traveling by car, mileage rates are determined by PEI Treasury Board Policy and cannot exceed economy airfare.
- Coverage of fees with the Medical Society of PEI and some application fees with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI will be covered.
- Locum support stipend to offset the cost of accommodations and other living expenses: $200/day worked June - September and $150/day worked October - May up to a maximum of $7500 per fiscal year. Physicians must complete the Locum Support Stipend Form to receive these funds.
- Arrangements and payment for car rental and accommodations are the responsibility of the physician.
Certifications and Other Requirements:
- FRCPC or eligibility for Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada Certification;
- Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island; and
- Appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging.
To apply, send C.V. to:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment & Retention Secretariat
(902) 368-6302; email@example.com
"In the event of a discrepancy in information on this website and the Master Agreement, the Master Agreement shall prevail."