Locum - Psychiatry Opportunities
Time for a break from that long commute? Looking for an opportunity to have a working holiday in a place renown for its white and red sand beaches, miles of hiking and biking trails and world class golf courses?
Look no further than Prince Edward Island...
Health PEI is seeking locum psychiatrists to provide the full scope of psychiatric services to the Provincial Department of Psychiatry in the following areas:
- General psychiatry
- Child and adolescent psychiatry
- Forensic psychiatry
- Geriatric psychiatry
Health PEI is a crown corporation responsible for the delivery of publicly funded health services in Prince Edward Island.
Physicians have the option of choosing a fee-for-service or contract for service payment modality.
- Base contract-for-service rate is $130.65 to $149.52/hour.
- Fee-for-service is based on the tariff of fees in the Master Agreement.
- After hours and weekend on-call services provided outside regular contract-for-service hours are paid on a fee-for-service basis. A contract-for-service option also provides a guarantee incentive.
- A Locum Psychiatrist providing on-call coverage shall receive a retention payment of $1495 per 24-hour period of call coverage.
Hours of work
Up to 37.5 hours/week to a maximum of 1725 hours/year for a contract-for-service physician.
- Return travel based on economy airfare. If traveling by car, mileage rates are determined by Government of PEI Treasury Board policy and cannot exceed economy airfare.
- Coverage of application fees with the Medical Society of PEI and some application fees with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI.
- Locum support stipend to offset the cost of accommodations and other living expenses at a rate of $200/day worked during June to September and $150/day worked during October to May, to a maximum of $7,500 per fiscal year. Physicians must complete the locum support stipend form to receive these funds.
- Arrangements and payment for car rental and accommodations are the responsibility of the physician.
Certifications and other requirements
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada eligibility or certification
- Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island
- Appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging
- Work experience preferable
For further information, contact:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
PEI Recruitment and Retention Secretariat
Department of Health and Wellness
In the event of a discrepancy in information on this website and the Master Agreement, the Master Agreement shall prevail.