Locum Support Program
The Locum Support Program is to replace permanent physicians in family practice, emergency medicine, and specialities where the departing physician’s services will be unavailable due to vacation, Continuing Medical Education (CME), or illness for a minimum of 15 working days.
- From October 1 - May 31, a maximum allowance of $150/day up to a maximum of $7500/fiscal year is offered to offset the cost of accommodations, car rental and living expenses. Expenses for meals or parking fees are not eligible.
- From June 1 - September 30, a maximum allowance of $200/day up to a maximum of $7500/fiscal year is offered to offset the cost of accommodations, car rental and living expenses. Expenses for meals or parking fees are not eligible.
- Application fees with the Medical Society of PEI and some application fees with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI will be covered.
- Cost of one return travel to the province based on an economy airfare to a maximum of $2,000. If traveling by car, mileage will be reimbursed as determined by PEI Treasury Board Policy, and bridge and road tolls reimbursed with submission of receipts. Reimbursement for travel by car is not to exceed the cost of economy airfare.
- Physicians residing in PEI are eligible for reimbursement for in-province travel and accommodations with receipts to a total maximum of $150/day.