Medical Microbiologist - Charlottetown
Looking for a break from that long commute and COVID-19? How about working in a place that encourages work-life balance—a place with red sand beaches, friendly communities, world famous seafood and culinary adventures?
Look no further than Prince Edward Island...
Health PEI is seeking a Medical Microbiologist to join our laboratory team of six Pathologists, one Haematopathologist and one Clinical Chemist. Clinical infectious disease experience would be an asset and support of the antibiotic stewardship program is expected. The main work location will be the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, located in the province’s capital city of Charlottetown, and a secondary location at Prince County Hospital in Summerside. There is bacteriology and COVID-19 molecular testing at both sites. Mycology, serology and a breadth of molecular testing are also provided in Charlottetown.
One (1) position beginning immediately
Physicians have the option of remuneration for regular day time hours by
• Salary, class IV specialist salary, $373,362 annually with salaried employee benefits or
• Contract for service, $228.08 per hour for a maximum of 1,725 hours annually (no benefits)
• on-call retainer plus fee for service for after-hours on-call
• fee for service for after hours emergency infectious diseases consultations .
The Master Agreement details information related to payment modalities including salary and benefits including paid vacation entitlements, CME funding, RRSP program, retention bonus and more; contract for service; fee-for-service tariff of fees; on-call payments.
To further discuss remuneration information and options, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours of Work (excluding after hours on-call):
• Full-time hours for a salaried physician is defined as 37.5 hours per week.
• Full-time contract-for-service hours is based on a maximum of 1,725 hours per year.
• Qualified and licensable candidates may be eligible for a return-in-service grant of $40,000 with a 3-year (5,850 hour) commitment to Health PEI;
• Eligible moving expense reimbursements up to $10,000 are available;
• Opportunity to teach with the PEI Residency Training Program with faculty appointment at Dalhousie University;
• Electronic patient record system (hospital-based) with access to lab and x-ray reports from office; and
• Other incentives as per the Master Agreement.
Certifications and Other Requirements:
• Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada eligibility or certification
• Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island
• Appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging
• Work experience preferable
To apply, please send your CV to:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
PEI Health Recruitment and Retention Secretariat
“In the event of a discrepancy in information on this website and the Master Agreement, the Master Agreement shall prevail.”