Moving Forward Step 1
(Confirmed coming into effect June 6, 2021)
- The level of disease is low and transmission is controlled within PEI, Atlantic provinces, and Canada
- Increasing levels of vaccination among PEI residents
PEI Public Health Measures
Public Health Measures
- Public health measures will continue throughout the summer, including physical distancing, records for contact tracing, enhanced cleaning and disinfection, promotion of and access to hand washing and hand sanitizing, wearing non-medical masks in indoor public places, access to testing and case management.
Family and Friends
- Personal gatherings up to 20 people
- Recognized businesses and organizations can have organized gatherings, including on personal property, with an operational plan of up to 50 people; additional multiples of 50 permitted with a prior approval of the operational plan (up to 200 total); facilities who are able to demonstrate separate entrances/exits/bathrooms for additional cohorts will be considered on an individual basis.
- Individuals (i.e. not a recognized business or organization) can host up to 50 people (including on personal property), with physical distancing between households/groups of close contacts for special occasions (e.g. backyard wedding) with a reviewed operational plan; no additional cohorts permitted.
- Weddings, funerals will be permitted with a maximum of 150 people (in cohorts of 50).
Sport and Recreation
Business and NGOs
- Table size at restaurants increases to 20, with physical distancing between tables
- Alcohol service only to seated guests
- No more restricted closing time for in-person consumption of food and beverage at food premises and licensed facilities
Education and Child Care
- Full-time classroom learning in K-12, with cohorts
- Online and/or classroom learning (with physical distancing) in post-secondary
- Licensed and unlicensed child care centres at 100% capacity
Long Term Care
- Enhanced visitation permitted if vaccination threshold is reached
- Fully vaccinated staff may work at more than one facility
Travel-Related Public Health Measures
Pre-Travel Approval and Tra vel Streams
- Current (for non-PEI residents)
Travel-Related Isolation and Testing (including PEI residents)
- Border screening in place
Frequently asked Questions
What to know more about travel regulations? When gathering limits will increase? Regulations for education and long term care? The answers to these and more can be found on the Moving Forward frequently asked questions page.
|Back to Moving Forward in 2021||
||View Step 2
(June 27, 2021)