New Normal: Public Health Guidance
Measures everyone can all take to prevent transmission of COVID-19:
- Stay informed, be prepared and follow public health advice
- Limit personal non-essential travel - see status of the Atlantic Provinces Travel Bubble
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; if not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains 60% - 80% alcohol
- Stay home when ill; get tested promptly if experiencing symptoms of COVID-19
- Maintain physical distancing of 2 m (6 ft.) with individuals who are not part of your household
- You are required to wear a non-medical mask in indoor settings. Wearing a non-medical mask alone will not prevent the spread of COVID-19, and does not replace other public health measures such as physical distancing, hand washing, and staying home when sick.
- Don’t touch your face with unwashed hands
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue or your sleeve, and wash your hands directly after
- Adhere to personal and organized gathering limits
- Frequently clean and disinfect commonly touched surfaces such as taps, doorknobs and countertops
- With employer’s support, consider working from home where feasible, especially when physical distancing cannot be maintained in the workplace, or prepare to have that option available should the need arise
- Consider alternative ways to access and provide services including online shopping, home delivery, and curbside pick-up options
- When seeking services outside of the home, follow public health precautions
- People from different households can carpool or share drives if physical distancing is maintained, or if it cannot be maintained, a non-medical mask is recommended.
- Vulnerable individuals should exercise caution and minimize high-risk exposures situations
- Keep a log of interactions to self-monitor and to facilitate contact tracing should a case be detected.
- Keep your household’s circle of contacts small.
November 23, 2020