Obstetrician/Gynecologist - Summerside
Health PEI is currently seeking a full time Obstetrician/Gynecologist to provide support to its team of specialists beginning immediately. The Obstetrician/Gynecologist will work out of a clinic located in Summerside, Prince Edward Island and provide on-call coverage at Prince County Hospital which is operated by Health PEI, a crown corporation is responsible for the delivery of publicly funded health services in Prince Edward Island. Health PEI’s head office is located at 16 Garfield Street, Charlottetown, PEI
The physician will share in the responsibility for the care of approximately one-third of the women in the province of Prince Edward Island, which has a population of more than 150,000 residents. Obstetricians/Gynecologists in the province provide prenatal care and deliveries.
The physician will have privileges in the Prince County Hospital, a 110-bed regional hospital with a six-bed ICU that provides specialty services in Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Anesthesia, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Pediatrics, ENT and Psychiatry.
One (1) position beginning immediately.
Hours of Work:
• Regular office hours Monday-Friday up to 37.5 hours/week
• Participation is required for after hours on-call services at Prince County Hospital.
• Provide referral services for family physicians and nurse practitioners in the province; and
• Participation in on-call services with the group of Obstetricians/Gynecologists.
Physicians have the option of choosing a salary, contract for service or fee-for-service payment modality. Information related to payment modalities, including salary; contract for service, fee-for-service tariff of fees; blended payments (shadow billings); on-call payments; and benefits including paid vacation entitlements, CME funding, RRSP program, and more can be found in the Master Agreement.
Please contact the Recruitment and Retention Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss remuneration information and options in further detail.
- Moving Expense Reimbursement is available
- Teaching with the PEI Residency Training Program (faculty appointment at Dalhousie University may be available);
- Electronic patient record system (hospital based) with access to lab and x-ray reports from office; and
- Other incentives as per the Master Agreement.
Certifications and Other Requirements:
- FRCPC or eligibility for Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada Certification;
- Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island; and
- Appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging.
To apply, send C.V. to:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment & Retention Secretariat
(902) 368-6302; email@example.com
"In the event of a discrepancy in information on this website and the Master Agreement, the Master Agreement shall prevail."