Outdoor Recreation Spaces Guidance
This guideline applies to businesses, services, and organizations that maintain and operate outdoor recreation spaces for public use, including trails, parks, playgrounds, beaches, outdoor gyms, and any other outdoor recreation space.
Core measures required by all businesses, services, and organizations that maintain and operate outdoor recreation spaces:
- Develop and follow an operational plan detailing how risk of transmission of disease will be mitigated.
- Take every reasonable step to ensure minimal interaction of people (including employees and/or clients) within two metres of each other.
- Take every reasonable step required to prevent employees who are required to self-isolate from entering workplaces.
- Develop and follow an exclusion policy that ensures symptomatic employees are immediately excluded from work activities.
- Ensure enhanced cleaning and disinfection of shared areas and surfaces.
- Ensure hand washing stations or hand sanitizing products are available and accessible to all employees.
Additional measures for businesses, services, and organizations that maintain and operate outdoor recreation spaces:
- Limit admissions to outdoor recreation spaces to prevent overcrowding.
- Do not allow sharing of recreational equipment unless cleaned and disinfected between use.
- Remove or close features that encourage people to gather (i.e. limit access to viewing platforms, clubhouses, etc.).
- Provide access to public hand hygiene stations if public washrooms are closed.
- Increase cleaning of public washrooms if available.
- Print and post safety information related to the above where it can be seen by visitors.