Pathologist (Anatomical/Clinical) - Charlottetown
Are you looking for an incredible opportunity to work in an environment that fosters a strong culture of teamwork? How about living in a community that encourages work-life balance? If so, then look no further…
Prince Edward Island offers:
- Some of the lowest housing costs in the country;
- Green space and water views;
- Unbelievable dining experiences;
- Cultural, artistic, and educational activities;
- Short commute times; and
- Low crime rates and safe neighbourhoods.
Health PEI is currently seeking a full-time, permanent General Pathologist or Anatomical/Clinical Pathologist to join a team of six Pathologists, one Haematopathologist, one Clinical Chemist and one Medical Microbiologist. The practice is predominantly at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital located in Charlottetown but also requires occasional work at the Prince County Hospital in Summerside (one in six weeks).
Three or more years of clinical experience would be ideal but new graduates will be considered. The candidate must have excellent surgical pathology skills and will be expected to perform autopsies and sign out cytology specimens. The ideal candidate will also have strong skills in clinical laboratory diagnostics, the ability to sign out peripheral smears, bone marrow aspirates and biopsies, and to lead microbiology, chemistry and haematology divisions, if required. Additional fellowship training is also an asset. The position requires strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills in order to interact well with laboratory and administrative staff, and clinicians.
Health PEI, a crown corporation responsible for the delivery of publicly funded health services in Prince Edward Island. Health PEI's head office is located at 16 Garfield Street, Charlottetown, PEI.
Job Posting I.D.# 2018-08-CH-08-S
Physicians have the option of choosing a salary (with benefits) or contract-for-service payment modality.
- Salary is $346,800
- Contract-for-service is $363,802
- After hours and weekend autopsies and on-call services that are provided outside of regular salaried or contract-for-service hours are paid on a fee-for-service basis.
For further information on remuneration models including salary and benefits package, contract for service, and tariff or fees, please view the Master Agreement.
Hours of Work:
- Full-time salary hours is defined as 37.5 hours per week.
- Full-time contract-for-service hours is based on a maximum of 1,725 hours per year.
- Return-in-Service Grant and Moving Expense Allowance may be available.
- Opportunity to teach with the PEI Residency Training Program with faculty appointment at Dalhousie University may be available.
- Electronic patient record system (hospital based) with access to lab and x-ray reports from office.
- Other incentives as per the Master Agreement.
Certifications and Other Requirements:
- FRCPC or eligibility for Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada Certification;
- Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island;
- Appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging.
To apply, send C.V. referencing Job Posting I.D.#2018-08-CH-08-S to:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment & Retention Secretariat
(902) 368-6302; email@example.com
For more information about the position, please contact:
Dr. Kristen Mead
Medical Director, Provincial Laboratory Services
(902) 894-2316; firstname.lastname@example.org