Pharmacy Plus PEI Common Ailments
Pharmacists can help Island residents get the care they need in their neighbourhood.
Island pharmacists can assess and prescribe for the below list of common ailments:
- nasal allergies (i.e. hay fever)
- calluses or corns
- allergic skin rash
- pre-menstrual and menstrual pain
- emergency contraception
- fungal skin infections
- heartburn (GERD)
- cold sores (oral)
- acne (mild)
- headache (mild)
- eczema (mild to moderate)
- hives, bug bites and stings (mild)
- joint pain (minor)
- muscle pain (minor)
- sleep disorders (minor)
- nasal congestion
- nicotine dependence (smoking cessation)
- diarrhea (non-infectious)
- thrush (oral fungal infection)
- canker sores
- sore throat
- threadworms or pinworms
- urinary tract infection (uncomplicated)*
- yeast infection (vaginal)
- warts (excluding facial and genital warts)
- dry eyes
*For women at least 19 years of age only.
Contact your local pharmacy today, to schedule these services in advance.
View the full list of participating pharmacies.
Questions about Pharmacy Plus PEI
Check out the FAQ for answers to common questions about the Pharmacy Plus PEI program.