Physical distancing is how we can all help reduce the spread of COVID-19 in our communities, and within the province. You are strongly encouraged to keep at least two (2) meters, or six (6) feet apart, whenever possible, and to avoid unnecessary close personal contact.
When physical distance is not possible indoors, you are encouraged to wear a non-medical mask or face covering .
Stay home as much as possible.
Although restrictions on staying home and gathering with others are being progressively relaxed, staying home is still your best chance of avoiding COVID-19.
Everyone should continue to monitor for symptoms of COVID-19. If symptoms develop, call 811 for directions.
Work from home
Individuals should work from home where possible and with employer support. Many workers are adapting to working from home, joining meetings through teleconference or video conference, and collaborating with colleagues online. Continuing to limit face-to-face contact with others remains our best protection against COVID-19.
Use online, home delivery, and curbside pick-up shopping options
As businesses, services, and organizations open, you are strongly encouraged to continue using online, home delivery, and curbside pick-up options where possible. Likewise, businesses, services, and organizations are encouraged to provide those options for clients and customers.
Take increased precautions if you are vulnerable or have close contacts who are vulnerable
Persons who are vulnerable include:
- aged 65 and over;
- with compromised immune systems; and
- with underlying medical conditions.
When you do go out, keep 2 metres or 6 feet apart from others.
Ways to protect yourself and others:
- Wear a face non-medical mask or face covering indoors when physical distance is not possible;
- Avoid shaking hands, and ensure you wash your hands thoroughly, and if you are ill or feeling unwell, stay home;
- When having conversations with others, keep a two (2) metre, or six (6) foot distance to avoid any transmission;
- Use instant messaging, or video applications in place of face-to-face conversations;
- Avoid large gatherings;
- Sit at least two (2) metres apart in workspaces, where possible;
- Wipe down shared surfaces, and practice higher frequency cleaning; and
- When working with clients, where possible keep the two (2)-metre distance.