Health PEI is seeking full-time permanent general psychiatrists to provide the full scope of psychiatric services to the Provincial Department of Psychiatry. Additionally, psychiatrists with an interest or fellowship in the following areas would be considered an asset:
- Outpatient Psychiatry
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Emergency Department - Consultant Liaison
- Geriatric Psychiatry
The Provincial Department of Psychiatry is operated by Health PEI, a crown corporation responsible for the delivery of publicly funded health services in Prince Edward Island.
Physicians have the option of choosing a salary, contract for service or fee-for-service payment modality. The Master Agreement details information related to payment modalities including salary, fee-for-service tariff of fees, blended payments (shadow billings), on-call payments, and benefits including paid vacation entitlements, CME funding, RRSP program and more.
Salaried physicians are entitled to benefits outlined in the Master Agreement between the Medical Society of Prince Edward Island, the Government of Prince Edward Island and Health PEI.
To further discuss remuneration information and options, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours of work
- Full-time hours for a salaried physician is defined as 37.5 hours per week.
- Full-time contract-for-service hours is based on a maximum of 1,725 hours per year.
Incentives and benefits
- Qualified and licensable candidates may be eligible for a return in service grant of $80,000 with a 4 year (7,800 hour) commitment.
- Eligible moving expense reimbursements available.
- Opportunity to teach with the PEI Residency Training Program with faculty appointment at Dalhousie University.
- Electronic patient record system (hospital-based) with access to lab and x-ray reports from office.
- Other incentives as per the Master Agreement.
Salaried physicians are eligible for:
- Approved paid vacation and sick time
- Continuing Medical Education benefits; Eligible CME paid leave up to a maximum of 10 days per fiscal year up to a maximum of $7000 in eligible CME expenses per fiscal year
- Matched RRSP contributions
- For further information, refer to the Master Agreement
Certifications and other requirements
- FRCPC or eligibility for Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada certification,
- Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island, and
- Appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging.
Health Care Workers are required to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination as per Health PEI’s Covid-19 Immunization and Management Policy. In the event that a new hire is unable to be vaccinated as a result of a medical exemption they will be required to submit supporting documentation to Employee Health / Wellness and Safety.
To apply, please send your cv to:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
PEI Health Recruitment and Retention Secretariat
In the event of a discrepancy in information on this website and the Master Agreement, the Master Agreement shall prevail.