The majority of provincial government sites and services are now open during office hours with some restrictions and exceptions, as noted below.
You are encouraged to call ahead to confirm the service or location of interest to you.
Access PEI sites and services
- Access PEI Charlottetown is open Saturday mornings from 9:00 am to noon beginning September 12 to October 31 for high demand services, as follows:
- drivers licence renewals and exchanges;
- vehicle renewals and transfers; and
- Class 5 and Class 7 appointment bookings.
- Access PEI O’Leary, Summerside, Wellington, Charlottetown and Souris locations are open to the public.
- Service is reserved for seniors only (age 60+) on Tuesdays from 8:00 am to 11:30 am.
- Expect extended wait times at some of these locations;
- Use online services, if available.
- Access PEI Montague offers select service to the public by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and telephone (902-838-0600), including renewal of driver’s licences and vehicle registration as well as change of address.
- Alberton and Tignish locations remain closed to the public at this time.
Agriculture and Forestry Services
- PEI Agricultural Insurance Corporation - Kensington Office (7 Gerald McCarville Drive) is open
- Forestry and Wildlife services (183 Upton Road) by appointment only
- Domestic Burning Permit: Online Application
- Apply for Hedgerow Planting
- View Fire Weather Index
Provincial park campgrounds are open at 50 per cent capacity. All campsite booking require a two-night stay minimum.
The Courts resumed hearing cases in June. Cases are now heard by video, audio, and in-person as appropriate. Visit Courts - COVID-19 Impacts.
All 26 public library locations are open to the public to borrow books, DVDs and musical instruments as well as to access public computers.
- COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool
- Welcome family and friends to visit in the Atlantic Canada bubble
- Travellers apply for pre-travel approval to PEI
- Register for a family doctor or nurse practitioner
- Renew your PEI Health Card(s)
- Apply for PEI Health Card - New Residents
- Apply for Generic Drug Program
- Apply for a Civic Address
- Request a property Coastal Erosion and Flood Risk Assessment
- Apply for Energy Efficient Equipment Rebate
- Request a Milestone Certificate from the Premier
See more Residents online services for education, family and community, health and many more.
Business, Organizations and Non-profit Groups:
- Apply for Tourism Interest Relief for PEI tourism operators
- Request Fisheries Interest Relief for PEI fishers
- Apply for temporary wage top-up for essential workers
- Apply for COVID-19 adaptation assistance for not-for-profits, and non-governmental organizations
- Apply for an Electrical Permit
- Apply to the Active Transportation Fund
Have a suggested online service? Contact the Web Digital Office.
To allow for screening, clients are asked to book an appointment in advance before arriving at any of the following offices:
- Access and Privacy Offices
- Charlottetown Registry Office
- Child Support Guidelines Office, Harbourside
- Family Court Counsellors Office, Harbourside
- Finance PEI
- Housing Services
- Legal Aid and Family Legal Aid Offices
- Innovation PEI
- Maintenance Enforcement Office, Harbourside
- Municipal Affairs (some services are offered virtually)
- Office of the Children’s Lawyer, Harbourside
- Office of Immigration (Island Investment Development Inc.)
- PEI Liquor Control Commission (for individual store hours, visit PEI Liquor COVID-19 Update)
- Pensions Office
- Probation Services
- Public Guardian and Public Trustee Office, Harbourside
- Social Programs Offices
- Victim Services
- Vital Statistics (marriage licence, birth and death certificate, change of name services)
- Workers’ Compensation Board - some restrictions on office visits
- Youth Justice Services