Relief Family Physician
Health PEI is seeking part- and full-time relief physicians to work in various practices in each of the three counties across the province to cover leaves of absence (parental/vacation/education/sick, etc) for local family physicians. The intent of the role is to fill absences in office-based practices, though an inpatient care element may be offered should that be of interest. The float physician will be notified in advance of the schedule and location for work, as well as other conditions of the placement.
Health PEI is a crown corporation responsible for the delivery of publicly funded health services in Prince Edward Island. Health PEI's Head Office is located at 16 Garfield Street, Charlottetown, PEI.
Physicians have the option of choosing a salary or contract-for-service payment modality. Information related to payment modalities, including salary; fee-for-service tariff of fees; blended payments (shadow billings); on-call payments; and benefits including paid vacation entitlements, CME funding, RRSP program, and more can be found in the Master Agreement.
To discuss remuneration and options in further detail, contact the Recruitment and Retention Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hours of work
Hours of work will vary based on part-time or full-time work. Hospital coverage and/or on call services in certain practices is optional.
To discuss hours of work and the available options in further detail, contact the Recruitment and Retention Secretariat at email@example.com.
• Return-in-Service Grant and eligible Moving Expense reimbursements are available. Click here for more information;
• Opportunity to teach with the PEI Residency Training Program and Medical Education Program with faculty appointment at Dalhousie University and/or Memorial University;
• Training for, and use of a hospital-based electronic health record system with access to lab and x-ray reports from office may be available;
• Training for, and use of a community-based electronic health record system may be available; and
• Other incentives as per the Master Agreement.
Certifications and Other Requirements
• MCCQE Part I and MCCQE Part II (LMCC);
• Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI;
• Appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging;
• CCFP physicians will be given priority; and
• Work experience preferable.
Health Care Workers are required to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination as per Health PEI’s Covid-19 Immunization and Management Policy. In the event that a new hire is unable to be vaccinated as a result of a medical exemption they will be required to submit supporting documentation to Employee Health / Wellness and Safety.
To apply, send your c.v. to:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment & Retention Secretariat
"In the event of a discrepancy in information on this website and the Master Agreement, the Master Agreement shall prevail."
This competition may be used to staff similar positions of this nature in the future.