Temporary Work Permit for Physicians

If you are a physician living outside of Canada and have been offered a temporary or permanent position in Prince Edward Island, you must obtain a temporary work permit.

The PEI Department of Health and Wellness will provide a Labour Market Impact Analysis (LMIA). A letter of offer/intent plus the LMIA will be forwarded to you.

What is the application process?

  1. Visit the Canada Immigration and Citizenship website and complete the application package for temporarily working in Canada.
  2. Pay the necessary fees and submit this application, along with the letter of offer/intent and LMIA to the nearest Canadian embassy.
Published date: 
March 18, 2022
Health and Wellness

General Inquiries

Department of Health and Wellness

Recruitment and Retention Secretariat

3rd Floor, Sullivan Building
16 Fitzroy Street, PO Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8

Phone: 902-620-3874
Fax: 902-620-3875