All non-essential travel into Prince Edward Island is prohibited.
Screening measures are in place at all entry points to the province including the Charlottetown Airport, Confederation Bridge, PEI-Isle de la Madeline Ferry. A Public Health Order is in place requiring all individuals entering Prince Edward Island to self-isolate for 14 days. Self-isolation exemptions are in place for:
- essential workers travelling for work;
- persons travelling for emergency medical purposes (including patients and persons necessary to travel with patients); and
- persons accompanying animals for emergency services at the Atlantic Veterinary College.
All persons travelling for the purposes noted above should:
- self-isolate when they are not at work/ or appointments;
- follow social distancing guidelines (2 metres/6 feet distance from others);
- wash their hands frequently;
- clean shared surfaces; and
- stay away from anyone who is sick.
All persons should self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19 (cough, fever,difficulty breathing, runny nose, sore throat and headache). If symptoms occur, call 811.