Addictions Intensive Day Program (IDP)
The Addictions Intensive Day Program (IDP) supports participants in obtaining, understanding, and processing pertinent information about their addiction, including learning about skills and tools of the recovery process and developing a personal recovery plan and relapse prevention plan.
This is a three-week program, meeting Monday to Thursday. The maximum number of participants is eight.
The program is offered in closed, gender-specific (gender-identifying) groups. Programming is in English only.
The program is open to individuals 19 years and older who have been referred by a Mental Health and Addictions clinician and are currently assigned to or in the process of being assigned to a worker.
Participants must be:
- medically and psychiatrically stable
- able to abstain from alcohol and substance use for the duration of the program.
- comfortable actively participating in a group setting with other participants
- committed to being prepared for each session (i.e., completing required homework)
How to apply
Addictions IDP requires referral from a Mental Health and Addictions clinician. If you are interested in being referred to Addictions IDP, speak with your clinician or contact the Community Addictions Services office in your area.
- Psychoeducation sessions: learning skills to support ongoing recovery. Examples of topics include understanding how addiction affects the chemistry of the brain; managing urges and cravings; and learning coping skills for managing emotions.
- Group programming: encourages communication between people who are experiencing similar situations. This includes participating in daily mindfulness practice as well as recreational activities.
- Individual programming: IDP staff assess each individual’s situation (daily) and offer various support therapy modalities such as cognitive behavioral therapy, Dialectical behavioral therapy, and supportive counseling to reinforce skills.
- Aftercare: Clients are encouraged to attend Aftercare upon completion of Addictions IDP. Referrals will be made to the Living Recovery Program by referring clinician. Clients will be encouraged to have a discharge appointment with their primary counselor.
Hours and location
Addictions IDP operates out of an office space in Charlottetown. Specific details on location will be provided upon acceptance to the program. The program runs Monday to Thursday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for 3 weeks.
For more information on Addictions Intensive Day Program (IDP)
Speak with your Mental Health and Addictions clinician or contact Community Addictions Services office in your local area.