Changeways Core Program for dealing with low mood and depression
If you are struggling with low mood and depression, the Changeways© Core Program can help you create positive changes in your life.
What will I learn?
You will learn and use skills to manage your mood and overcome depression.
Two main goals of the program are to:
- provide you with information and strategies to help you with problems related to depression; and
- help you apply these ideas in your own life, at your pace, to help you recover from depression.
The program is based on cognitive behavioural therapy principles, which have been shown to work for people who experience depression and other conditions. Program trainers include nurses, social workers, psychologists and occupational therapists.
How will I know if I am ready for the program?
You may be ready for the Changeways© Program, if you:
- are ready to make positive changes in your life, and want to learn how to manage depression, even if you aren’t sure where to start;
- are prepared to attend all group sessions;
- are prepared to work on the material at home- attendance alone will not result in change; and
- are prepared to keep the information about others confidential.
How can I access the program?
To access the Changeways© Program, you can contact a Community Mental Health clinic (below) or have your health care provider refer you.
Clinic staff will contact you to discuss participation and confirm the program start date and location.
Telephone: (902) 838-0960
Telephone: (902) 368-4430 or (902) 368-4911
Telephone: (902) 888-8380
Telephone: (902) 859-8781