Flu Vaccination Clinics
The best way to protect yourself and others from the flu is to get vaccinated each year.
The hours of operation for the flu phone line are Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Messages may be left after hours, and calls will be returned the following business day.
You can also contact your local pharmacist, family physician, or nurse practitioner to arrange to get your vaccine.
Will I have to pay for a flu shot?
If you are a Canadian living in PEI or visiting from another province, you must pay a $7 administration fee and bring your provincial health card with you. If you are not a Canadian citizen, the fee is $40 for the flu vaccine. This cost is covered if you are an Islander who is:
- a senior age 65+;
- a child age 6 to 59 months;
- a pregnant woman or any individual living in a household with a pregnant woman;
- a resident of a community care facility; or
- an individual who identifies as Aboriginal.
Will I have to register when I arrive at a vaccination clinic?
Upon arrival, you will be required to fill out a registration form. You must have your valid provincial health card with you. To reduce registration time, complete the top section of the clinic registration form [PDF | 197 KB] and bring it with you.
If you are taking a child who you are not a parent or legal guardian of, you must bring a signed parental consent for influenza immunization form [PDF | 100 KB] with you, as well as the child’s provincial health card.
Where can I get a flu shot?
Flu clinics dates are subject to change and new dates will be added according to demand. Walk-ins are always welcome.
2016 flu vaccination clinics for the general public:
Souris Hospital (Classroom)
17 Knights Ave.
- November 17: 12 - 7:15 p.m.
- December 2: 9 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
Unit B Seniors Complex
63 Kent St.
Montague Wellness Centre
21 Sullivan Dr.
St. Mary's Parish Centre
25 Wood Islands Hill
- November 18: 9 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
Public Health Nursing Office
126 Douses Road
- November 26: WALK-IN 9 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
- November 29: 9 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
- December 6, 9: 9 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
Murray River Health Centre
9352 Main St. North
Morell Fire Hall
15 Park St.
Assumption Parish Hall
145 Stratford Rd.
Stratford Town Hall
243 Shakespeare Dr.
- November 22: 9 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Jack Blanchard Family Centre
7 Pond St.
- November 14: 12:30 - 7:30 p.m.
- November 15: 9 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- November 28, 29: WALK-IN 10 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- December 5, 12: WALK-IN 9 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
17 St. Pius X Ave.
- November 24, 26: 9 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- December 2: WALK-IN 9 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
St. Peters Cathedral
7 All Soul's Lane
- November 17: WALK-IN 9 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Sherwood Buisness Centre
161 St. Peters Rd.
St. Francis of Assisi Church
5 Lowther Dr.
- November 16: 9 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Central Queens Health Centre
4276 Hopedale Rd.
- November 21: 12:30 - 7:30 p.m.
Gulf Shore Health Centre
7379 Cavendish Rd.
- November 25: 9 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
88 Victoria St. West
Trinity United Church
90 Spring St.
- November 17: 9 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
- November 22: 12 - 7:15 p.m.
- November 26: WALK-IN 9 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
- December 1: 9 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
- December 2: WALK-IN 9 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
- December 15: CANCELLED
- December 22: CANCELLED
205 Linden Avenue
Public Health and Dental Services Office
- December 9, 14, 21: 9 a.m. - 4:15 p.m. WALK-IN'S WELCOME
- November 29: 1 - 4 p.m.
Tyne Valley Health Centre
6905, Route 12
- November 29: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
O'Leary Health Centre
14 MacKinnon Dr.
- November 15: 12 - 7:15 p.m.
- November 23: 9 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
- December 6: 9 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Alberton Community Centre
1 College St.
221 Phillip St.
Where can I get more information about the flu?
For more information about the flu, how it spreads, symptoms, or how you can protect yourself and others, visit About Influenza (the flu).