Hip Replacement Wait Times
What is the wait time to have a hip replacement?
On average you can expect to wait*:
The wait time may vary depending on your surgeon as wait times can be longer with some surgeons than with others. The choice of surgeon is made by you and your family physician considering their current wait times and your particular needs.
How is the wait time measured?
The wait time measured is from the date your surgery is booked until the date of your surgery.
This does not include the wait time from your visit with your family physician and the referral received for an appointment to see an orthopedic surgeon.
What surgeons offer orthopedic surgical services?
- Dr. John Campbell
- Dr. G. Stewart Campbell
- Dr. Stephen Miller
- Dr. Cai Wadden
- Dr. Scott Wotherspoon
For contact information, visit the College of Physicians and Surgeons on Prince Edward Island.
What influences a wait time?
Your wait time may be influenced by:
- your own request or cancellation of surgery;
- surgeons vacation/time-off;
- holidays; or
- operating room slow down (e.g. in summer months).
What is the wait time data?
- Total Hip Replacement Surgery Wait Time Distribution Data [PDF | 111 KB] (April 2010 – September 2016)
- Total Hip Replacement Surgery Quarterly Comparison Wait Time Data [PDF | 75 KB] (April 2008 – September 2016)
* This estimate is based on data collected between January and September 2016 from the SurgiNet System.