Mental Health Support and Services
Health PEI offers mental health services for adults, youth, and those wanting to support family members.
Need Help Now?
Call the Mental Health and Addictions Phone Line at 1-833-553-6983. Calls are answered by trained mental health professionals (a registered nurse or a social worker) 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Visit a Mental Health Walk-in Clinic to speak with a trained counsellor. No appointment is necessary. See clinic hours and phone numbers.
Contact the Mobile Mental Health Response Service for assessment, treatment and connection to ongoing mental health care during a time of crisis. The team of trained health care professionals provides in-person care when situations require more than phone-based support. This service is available via the Mental Health and Addictions Phone Line at 1-833-553-6983, from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily.
Get help finding programs and services
Contact Community Mental Health Services.
Contact the Mental Health and Addictions Patient Navigator.
- Telephone: 902-218-3289
- Email: MHApatientnavigator@ihis.org
Refer a client to Mental Health programs
If you are a physician, nurse practitioner, or service provider who wants to refer a patient or client for mental health services, complete an Adult Services Referral Form.
Mental health programs and services for adults
- Changeways Core Program (low mood and depression)
- Community Mental Health (all conditions)
- Coping Skills Program (chronic stress, overwhelming emotions and anxiety)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy Skills Group (PTSD, depression, self-harm, borderline personality disorder, eating disorders, substance use disorders)
- Hillsborough Hospital (psychiatric hospital that provides specialized care, long-term treatment and rehabilitation)
- Mental Health Intensive Day Program (for adults with moderate to acute symptoms of a psychiatric diagnosis)
- Mental Health Walk-in Clinics anxiety, depression and other issues)
- Pregnancy and Postpartum (Perinatal) Mood Disorders
- Structured Programming and Day Treatment (intermediary care for adults struggling with mental health and life skills)
Online and telephone-based support
- Bridge the gapp: online mental health resources for adults and youth
- ICAN Adult Anxiety and Depression Program: online and telephone-based support
Services specific to seniors
- Seniors Mental Health Resource Teams: for seniors with complex mental health conditions
Services for unique populations
- Farmers Talk (1-800-736-8006)
- Fisher Assistance Program (902-626-9787 or 902-786-4656)
- Aquaculture Farm Assistance Program (902-626-9787)
- Public Safety Calls (help for first responders and public safety personnel)
- PEI Operational Stress Injury (OSI) Satellite Site (help for veterans and current members of the Canadian Forces and RCMP, 902-367-7075)
Mental health services for youth/children
- Behavioural Support Team (children aged 4-12)
- Bridge the gapp (online mental health resources for adults and youth)
- CAST Program (for at-risk youth age 13-18)
- Community Mental Health (all ages and conditions)
- Help My Child (resources for parent and students)
- INSIGHT Program (youth aged 13-18)
- Pediatric Psychology Services (toddler, preschool or kindergarten-aged child)
- Strongest Families (children/youth aged 3-17)
- Student Well-Being Teams (primary, intermediary and high school students)
- Student Well-being Teams Mental Health Walk-in Clinics (high school)
- Triple P Parenting (support for parents)
Services for family members impacted by mental health challenges
If you want help because someone you love has a mental health challenge, programs are available, call the Community Mental Health office in your area.
- Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour United for Strength, Home, Relationship
- Canadian Mental Health Association – PEI
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- Family Services PEI
- Immigrant and Refugee Services Association PEI
- Mental Health and Wellness (Government of Canada)
- Mental Health Commission of Canada
- Mi’kmaq Confederacy of PEI
- Native Council of Prince Edward Island
- PEERS Alliance
- PEI Helping Tree (2022)
- PEI Family Violence Prevention Services
- PEI Rape & Sexual Assault Centre
- PEI Reach Foundation (youth)
- Wellness Together Canada - Mental Health and Substance Use Support