Smoking Cessation Program
Quitting smoking is the single most important thing you can do for your health. If you want to quit smoking, the Smoking Cessation Program (Quit Care Program) can help.
- You will have five sessions with an addiction nurse to help you understand what triggers your smoking and how to develop a personal plan to deal with these situations.
- You may be eligible for cost assistance (up to $75 per year) for stop-smoking medication such as nicotine patch, gum, or Zyban. Learn more about the Quit Smoking Drug Program.
- You can participate in individual and group counseling sessions.
Who can I contact for help to quit smoking?
Call the Smokers’ Helpline at 1-877-513-5333 (toll-free) or an Addiction Services office in your area:
- Souris: (902) 687-7110
- Montague: (902) 838-0960
- Charlottetown: (902) 569-0524 or Toll-free 1-888-299-8399
- Summerside: (902) 888-8380
- Alberton: (902) 853-0401