Incoming Buyers Support Terms & Conditions
By submitting the Application, the Company agrees to the following Terms and Conditions if the Company is approved to receive Assistance. These Terms and Conditions, the Application, Incoming Buyers Support Guidelines, and Claim Form constitute the entire agreement between the parties.
Acceptance of the Terms and Conditions grant the Company permission to host a buyer on Prince Edward Island for payment of Eligible Expenditures identified in the Application and approved and accepted by Innovation PEI, and listed within the approval notification.
Assistance is calculated at a rate of seventy-five percent (75%) of approved Eligible Expenditures to a maximum amount identified within the approval notification.
Access to a Claim Form will be available upon the Company completing and submitting the Incoming Buyers Support Survey.
Payment will be based on actual Eligible Expenditures as determined at the time of the request for payment, but in no event will it exceed the maximum Assistance identified within the approval notification.
1. ELIGIBLE EXPENDITURES
- 1.1. Eligible Expenditures: mean those reasonable and proper expenses identified in the Company’s Application which have been accepted by Innovation PEI, and deemed acceptable and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, excluding HST or any other federal or provincial tax which may be eligible to be fully or partially refunded.
- Eligible Expenditures must be supported by invoices and proof of payment, unless based on a per diem (meals).
- 1.2. Eligible Expenditures Include:
- 1.2.1. Accommodations:
- Including: room, local taxes, and parking.
- Other charges are not eligible.
- 1.2.2. Transportation: (mileage rates are subject to change without notice)
- Economy fare including: flight, airport fees, and other charges approved by Innovation PEI. (If a higher fare is used, the Company is responsible to calculate and apply the economy rate; reimbursement is based on an economy fare).
- Car rental including: car, fuel, and insurance expenses. (Rental is limited to activity dates plus the day before and after unless otherwise approved by Innovation PEI).
- Taxi/tolls/bridge expenses.
- 1.2.3. Meal: (expenses are calculated using per diem rates. No receipts are required.
- Rates are subject to change without notice)
- Within Canada: $50.00 CAD per person per day.
- Within the United States: $50.00 US per person per day.
- International travel: per diem established by Treasury Board (location specific rate available on request).
- 1.2.4. Miscellaneous:
- HST must be deducted and separated from all invoices at the time of claiming.
- Credit card slips are not acceptable as proof of payment unless they are itemized.
- The survey must be completed and submitted prior to the Company completing the Claim Form.
- 1.2.1. Accommodations:
- 2.1. Incoming Buyers Support Survey must be completed within five (5) business days after the end of the activity. The Claim Form will then become available.
- 2.2. Assistance will be paid once the Company completes the activity, submits the survey, and submits the Claim Form detailing Eligible Expenses.
- 2.3. The Company completes the activity as determined by the Corporation.
- 2.4. The Claim Form must be submitted online and be accompanied by the necessary invoices and proof of payment. Instructions on accessing the Claim Form will be provided if the Company is approved to receive Assistance.
- 2.5. The Claim Form must be submitted to Innovation PEI not later than six (6) months after the activity completion date. If the Claim Form is not received by Innovation PEI on or before the six month deadline, the Company will be deemed to have declined the Assistance and will have no future claim to payment for this Project.
- 2.6. The Company acknowledges that Innovation PEI may decline to contribute to any expense incurred prior to the submission of the application and/or to items not identified in the Company’s Application.
3. ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS
- 3.1. In addition to the foregoing, the Company agrees to the following conditions:
- a) Release of information relating to the funding of this Project may be made by Innovation PEI under the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement. No announcements may be made by the Company without the written approval of Innovation PEI;
- b) To complete the following:
- i. Within six months – complete follow-up questions on forecast outcomes from the activity;
- c) To preserve and keep available for audit, the books, accounts, and records of the expenses of the Project for 36 months after the completion of the Project and supply such statistical data as may be required by Innovation PEI;
- d) To ensure that good standing is maintained with the Consumer, Corporate, and Insurance Division of the Office of the Attorney General during the lifetime of the Project;
- e) To indemnify and save Innovation PEI harmless from all claims, demands, actions, and causes of action of third parties that may arise out of this Project;
- f) In the event the Company ceased operation on PEI, voluntarily or otherwise, any amount due to the Company under this Agreement shall be void and all previous advances shall be refunded by the Company to the Innovation PEI:
- g) If the Company is approved for Assistance and subsequently defaults on a financial obligation to any Department or Agency of the Province of Prince Edward Island, payment will be issued:
- i. Firstly, to any Department or Agency of the Province of Prince Edward Island any amount owing as a result of the defaulted financial obligation; and
- ii. Secondly, to the Company.
- h) The Company agrees that no member of the House of Commons of Canada, Senate or the Legislative Assembly of Prince Edward Island shall be admitted to any part or share of this Agreement, or to any benefits that arise therefrom.
- i) The Company will inform Innovation PEI promptly, in writing, of any further Federal, Provincial, Municipal assistance to be received for the activity. Innovation PEI shall have the right to adjust the amount of the Contribution taking into account the amount of any such further assistance to be received.
4. FREEDOM OF INFORMATION AND PROTECTION OF PRIVACY ACT
- 4.1. Information contained in and collected in relation to this Agreement is subject to and will be treated in accordance with, the Prince Edward Island Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The amount of the support may be disclosed at the discretion of Innovation PEI and in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act R.S.P.E.I. 1988, Cap. F-15.01The applicant consents to having Innovation PEI make any inquiries of such persons, firms or corporations as it deems necessary in order to reach a decision on this application.
- a) Application must be submitted online before any financial or legal commitment is made on the project.
- b) Personal information on this form is collected under Section 31(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and is necessary to determine your suitability and/or eligibility for programs delivered by Innovation PEI. If you have any questions about this collection of personal information, you may contact Innovation PEI, Toll Free: 1-800-563-3734 or Email: email@example.com
- c) The information provided on this application is, to the best of my knowledge and ability, complete, true, and correct.