COVID-19 Workspace Adaption Assistance Fund TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By submitting your application, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions for the COVID-19 Workspace Adaption Assistance Fund. These Terms and Conditions, the Application, the Claim Form spreadsheet, and COVID-19 Workspace Adaption Assistance Fund Guidelines constitute the entire Agreement between the parties.
The Fund is subject to Innovation PEI’s acceptance of listed Eligible Project Cost for the implementation of safety measures for a COVID-19 Operational Plan.
The Fund will be calculated at the rate of 75 per cent of Eligible Project Costs to a maximum amount of $2,000.
Payment will be based on the actual Eligible Project Costs as evidenced at the time of application, but in no event will payment exceed the maximum Fund amount.
“Company” means the company identified on the application form.
“Fund” means the financial assistance approved by Innovation PEI for COVID-19 Workspace Adaption Assistance Fund.
“Project” means the specified project-related activities, work, or undertaking presented in the Company’s application (the “Application”).
“Eligible Project Costs” means those reasonable and proper costs of the Project which have been accepted by Innovation PEI, and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, excluding the following items:
- HST or any other federal or provincial tax which may be eligible to be fully or partially refunded;
- Any portion of the cost of an asset that, in the opinion of Innovation PEI, exceeds the fair market value of the asset;
- Cleaning and disinfecting supplies and services;
- Expenses incurred before March 16, 2020;
- Owner or staff labour; and
- Other items deemed not to be related to a COVID-19 Operational Plan.
Payment will be based on the Eligible Project Costs identified on the application. The Fund will be paid directly to the Company’s bank account using direct deposit, provided that:
- The Project is completed prior to application;
- All Eligible Project Costs were purchased from a third party (arms-length) supplier;
- Applicant clearly describes the completed work and how it directly relates to the implementation of their COVID-19 Operational Plan;
- Applicant provided complete and accurate banking information;
- Applicant attests that the costs have been incurred and paid; and
- Applicant agrees to retain all documents for a period of three years for the purpose of a follow-up audit by Innovation PEI.
3.0 ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS
In addition to the foregoing, the Company agrees to the following conditions:
- Eligible Project Costs must be for purchases made between March 16, 2020 and August 31, 2020. Innovation PEI may decline to contribute to any costs incurred prior to March 16, 2020.
- To complete the project and submit an application not later than August 31, 2020. If an application is not received by Innovation PEI by August 31, 2020, the Company has no future claim to payment of the Fund.
- The Company may make a maximum of two (2) applications, for a total of $2,000 per business location.
- The Company consents to have Innovation PEI make any inquiries of such persons, firms, or corporations as it deems necessary in order to reach a decision on this application.
- Release of information relating to the funding of this Project may be made under the terms and conditions of this Agreement. No announcements may be made by the Company without the written approval of Innovation PEI.
- No member of the Legislative Assembly shall be admitted to any part, or share of this Agreement or to any benefits to arise therefrom.
- Should the Company fail to abide by any of the conditions under this Agreement, Innovation PEI may require that the Fund be repaid on demand and any unpaid amounts may be revoked.
- The Company will provide all information required by Innovation PEI to complete the assessment of this application and make payment;
- To permit any authorized representative of Innovation PEI reasonable access to the Company's premises to confirm completion of the Project;
- Innovation PEI may decline to contribute to any cost incurred for the purchase of Project Costs not identified in the Company's application;
- To further assist economic development in P.E.I., the Company shall consider purchasing all Eligible Project Costs, operating materials, supplies, and services from local P.E.I. firms, providing such firms are able to provide the same at competitive costs and provide equal quality and service;
- To preserve and keep available for audit, the books, accounts, and records of the costs of the Project for three years after the completion of the Project. Permit an authorized representative of Innovation PEI reasonable access to the same for the purpose of an audit; supply such statistical data as may be required by Innovation PEI; and
- The Company shall indemnify and save Innovation PEI harmless from all claims, demands, actions, and causes of action of third parties that may arise out of this Project.
4.0 OTHER ASSISTANCE
The Company may not receive non-repayable contribution(s) or Fund(s) from any other source for the Project. If the Company accepts any non-repayable contribution(s) or Fund(s) from any other source for the Project, Innovation PEI’s approval of the Fund will be null and void.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed according to the laws of the Province of Prince Edward Island and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, and no action or proceeding shall be brought to construe or enforce this Agreement except in those courts having jurisdiction in the Province of Prince Edward Island.
6.0 FREEDOM OF INFORMATION AND PROTECTION OF PRIVACY ACT
Information contained in and collected in relation to this Agreement is subject to, and will be treated in accordance with, the Prince Edward Island Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The amount of the Contribution may be disclosed at the discretion of Innovation PEI and in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act R.S.P.E.I. 1988, Cap. F-15.01.
- Personal information on this form is collected under Section 31(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and is necessary to determine your suitability and/or eligibility for programs delivered by Innovation PEI. If you have any questions about this collection of personal information, you may contact Innovation PEI, Toll Free: 1-800-563-3734 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information provided on this application is, to the best of my knowledge and ability, complete, true, and correct.