Craft Industry Support
The Craft Development assistance gives financial help to Prince Edward Island craftspeople. This helps to expand the production of quality crafts for local and export market needs. Through this assistance, government offers help to people, businesses and groups who are or plan to be in craft production and who wish to expand in to new markets as a way to create full-time work.
Am I eligible?
Eligible applicants are craft producers and recognized craft groups or associations. Applicants must show that they are (or will be) working in the production of crafts for at least six months of the year.
New product development
- Research, design or development of new products
- Organizing and hosting workshops on the development of new technical skills
- Business and management skills development seminars
- Off-Island craft skills development training
- Association sponsored marketing promotions, exhibitions and shows
- Professional image development
How much funding am I eligible for?
- The maximum assistance available is 75 per cent of the eligible project expenses, up to a maximum of $1,000.
- Individuals are eligible one time only for marketing projects.
- Repeat applications will be assessed based on proven business growth and the proven worth of your project.
What other conditions will be reviewed in my request?
- potential for long-term viability
- qualifications and track records of managers
- cost benefit to the province
- employment creation
- level of assistance from other government programs offered or available
- export sales
- import substitution
- environmental impact
- availability of support funds
The Craft Development Assistance will monitor the beginning of your project. You must also be ready to offer financial statements and information, as needed, on the ongoing activities of your business.
If your project is approved, a letter of offer will be sent to you. This will create a contract between yourself and Innovation PEI.
Should your project fail to comply with the terms of the contract it will be discontinued. The Corporation may at its sole discretion:
- declare your business to be in non-performance (default) of the contract
- request that you repay in full the amount received
- take necessary legal action to collect the amount in full with interest
Application must be submitted before any financial or legal commitment is made on the project.
*This information is provided for information purposes and is not comprehensive and reflective of all Innovation PEI policies. Not all projects meeting the minimum assistance criteria outlined will receive funding. Please consult with an Innovation PEI staff member for guidance specific to your company's situation.
General contact information
94 Euston Street, PO Box 910
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7L9
Telephone: (902) 368-6300
Facsimile: (902) 368-6301