Importing and Exporting Assistance
The Incoming Buyers Assistance is for active exporters and export ready companies on Prince Edward Island. With this assistance, you would receive support to bring Canadian buyers and business partners to the province in order to gain or strengthen business relationships. (For international buyers, follow the link at the bottom of this page.)
The Incoming Buyers Assistance offers a grant of up to 75% or $2,250. Maximum project costs are $3,000 relating to bringing a qualified buyer/partner to the province. You must pay for the remaining 25% of total costs.
Am I eligible for the Incoming Buyers Assistance?
- If your business can show active or emerging interests in export business development.
- Your business is taking part in Trade Team PEI’s trade mission and trade show program and can leverage this support as a key follow-up activity.
- Due to limited resources, your business will be eligible for no more than two (2) approved projects on a yearly basis.
How do we help you?
- Help your business in meeting its export business development goals and to grow revenue potential.
- Introduce new buyers and prospective business partners to the region.
- Seek out and expose new market opportunities.
- Leverage Trade Team PEI and other trade missions, trade shows and existing federal-provincial supports.
How do I Apply?
Your application forms will be reviewed by Innovation PEI. Eligible costs can only be incurred after your application has been approved. Upon approval, travel costs will then be incurred and paid by the applicant. Innovation PEI assistance will be disbursed after project completion and completion of a post-project survey.
Eligible costs include: economy class airfare, accommodations and a set amount per day for meals and incidentals. For more information and to apply for assistance under the Incoming Buyers Assistance - Domestic, please contact Innovation PEI.
email@example.com or (902) 368-5961
If you are interested in hosting an international buyer on Prince Edward Island, click here to learn about the international program through partnership with Trade Team PEI.
Application must be submitted before any financial or legal commitment is made on the project.
*This information is provided for information purposes and is not comprehensive and reflective of all Innovation PEI policies. Not all projects meeting the minimum assistance criteria outlined will receive funding. Please consult with an Innovation PEI staff member for guidance specific to your company's situation.
General Contact Information
94 Euston Street, PO Box 910
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7L9
Telephone: (902) 368-6300
Facsimile: (902) 368-6301