Information Technology Implementation Assistance
The Information Technology Implementation Program contributes funds toward the cost of implementing the new IT strategies recommended through the Information Technology Planning Program or a similar assessment. This new technology should make your company more productive, profitable and competitive.
Am I eligibile?
This support is available to new and existing, Island-based, non-IT companies with well-developed export oriented business and marketing plans (sole proprietorship, partnership, cooperative or limited liability).
New project submissions from an applicant in default on any reporting, project completion or financial obligation to Innovation PEI will not be reviewed until a resolution to the default is reached.
What activities will this support?
Activities that lead to incremental wealth creation in priority sectors will be considered for financial assistance. Eligible activities include the following:
- hardware and software acquisition
- computer, network and peripheral equipment
- commercial off-the-shelf or custom software
- commerce / e-business solutions development
- project management and systems integration services
How do we help you?
This assistance will contribute up to 40 per cent of the cost of implementing a new IT system. The eligible costs must not exceed $40,000.
How do we decide who receives help?
Not all projects meeting the minimum criteria will receive funding. Applications will also be evaluated using the following considerations:
- Potential for long-term viability
- Employment creation
- Export sales
- Environmental impact
- Level of assistance from other government supports offered or available
- Cost benefit to the province
- Manager qualifications and track record
- Import substitution
- Availability of assitance funds
The Information Technology Implementation assistance requires monitoring for three years. In addition to yearly financial statements, you must be able to offer information, on the ongoing activities of the business.
If your project is approved, a signed letter of offer shall complete a contract between Innovation PEI and yourself.
Should your project fail to comply with the terms of the contract or be discontinued, Innovation PEI may at its sole discretion:
- declare the applicant to be in non-performance (default) of the contract
- request the applicant to repay the contribution in full
- take necessary legal action to collect the incentive amount in full with interest.
Application must be submitted before any financial or legal commitment is made on the project.
Business Development Application (PDF)
*This information is provided for information purposes and is not comprehensive and reflective of all Innovation PEI policies. Not all projects meeting the minimum assistance criteria outlined will receive funding. Please consult with an Innovation PEI staff member for guidance specific to your company's situation.
General Contact Information
94 Euston Street, PO Box 910
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7L9
Telephone: (902) 368-6300
Facsimile: (902) 368-6301