PEI Broadband Fund Residential Pilot TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By submitting your application, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions for the PEI Broadband Fund Residential Pilot (the “Fund). These Terms and Conditions, the Application, the Quote and/or Invoice, and the PEI Broadband Fund Residential Pilot Guidelines constitute the entire Agreement between the parties.
The Fund is subject to Innovation PEI’s acceptance of Eligible Project Costs for an internet service provider to complete work that will allow a residence to receive or improve internet service to a primary residence.
Approved applications will receive financial assistance of 100 per cent of Eligible Project Costs, to a maximum value of $5,000.
Where the cost is more than $500, applications must be submitted and receive approval from Innovation PEI prior to the start of work on the project; any expenses incurred before the submission and approval of an application are ineligible.
Where the cost is $500 or less, applications may be submitted after completion of the project.
In both instances, applications must be submitted prior to the PEIBF Residential Pilot closing date of March 31, 2021 or until the program budget expires.
“Applicant” means the permanent full-time PEI resident of the civic address identified on the application form.
“Fund” means the financial assistance approved by Innovation PEI for PEI Broadband Fund Residential Pilot.
“Project” means the specified project-related activities, work, or undertaking presented in the application (the “Application”).
“Quote” means a document provided by the vendor detailing the statement of work and the agreed fixed price for the project;
“Vendor” means the company identified as the supplier of service for the project, evidenced in the application form;
“Eligible Project Costs” means those reasonable and proper costs of the Project which have been accepted by Innovation PEI, and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, excluding the following items:
- HST or any other federal or provincial tax which may be eligible to be fully or partially refunded;
- Any portion of the cost of an asset that, in the opinion of Innovation PEI, exceeds the fair market value of the asset;
- Expenses incurred before August 25, 2020.
- Expenses incurred prior to application, if the cost is more than $500
- Running of fiber to residence;
- Standard costs for a new customer premises connection, including connection fee, router or modem;
- Leased equipment for new service or enhanced service;
- Work related to providing internet service at a non-primary residence or non-residential location; and
- Other items deemed not reasonably related to improving internet speed to the residence.
Payment will be based on actual Eligible Project Costs as evidenced at the time of application, but in no event will payment exceed the maximum financial assistance amount. Applicant will identity desired payment option; a) direct payment to the applicant’s bank account using direct deposit, or b) direct payment to the Vendor using direct deposit provided that:
The Applicant confirms the project is completed and submits the claim for payment;
- The Applicant confirms the project is completed and submits the claim for payment;
- Applicant indicates how the completed work improved internet speed;
- Applicant provides complete and accurate banking information for invoices under $500; and
- If Applicant paid the Vendor’s invoice, the Applicant attests that costs have been incurred and paid by submitting the invoice and proof of payment.
3.0 ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS
In addition to the foregoing, the Applicant agrees to the following conditions:
- Eligible Project Costs must be for purchases made between August 25, 2020 and June 30, 2021. Innovation PEI may decline to contribute to any costs incurred prior to August 25, 2020 and may decline to contribute to any costs not identified in the application;
- To complete the project and submit a request for payment not later than June 30, 2021. If a request for payment is not received by Innovation PEI by June 30, 2021, the Applicant will be deemed to have declined the Fund and will have no future claim to payment from the Fund.
- The Applicant may make one (1) application to the Fund, to a maximum of $5,000 toward service at primary residence.
- The Applicant consents to have Innovation PEI make any inquiries of such persons, firms, or corporations as it deems necessary in order to reach a decision on this application.
- Release of information relating to the funding of this Project may be made under the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- No member of the Legislative Assembly shall be admitted to any part, or share of this Agreement or to any benefits to arise there from.
- Should the Applicant fail to abide by any of the conditions under this Agreement, Innovation PEI may require that the Fund be repaid on demand and any unpaid amounts may be revoked.
- The Applicant will provide all information required by Innovation PEI to complete the assessment of this application and make payment;
- To permit any authorized representative of Innovation PEI reasonable access to the Applicant’s premises to confirm completion of the Project;
- To further assist economic development in P.E.I., the Applicant shall consider purchasing all Eligible Project Costs, operating materials, supplies, and services from local P.E.I. firms, providing such firms are able to provide the same at competitive costs and provide equal quality and service;
- The Applicant and Vendor are responsible to attain any and all necessary permits; and
- The Applicant shall indemnify and save Innovation PEI harmless from all claims, demands, actions, and causes of action of third parties that may arise out of this Project.
- Infrastructure agreed to between the ISP and applicant, excluding leased equipment, is the sole responsibility of the applicant.
4.0 OTHER ASSISTANCE
The Applicant may not receive non-repayable contribution(s) or Fund(s) from any other source for the Project. If the Applicant or Vendor accepts any non-repayable contribution(s) or Fund(s) from any other source for the Project, Innovation PEI’s approval of the Fund will be null and void.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed according to the laws of the Province of Prince Edward Island and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, and no action or proceeding shall be brought to construe or enforce this Agreement except in those courts having jurisdiction in the Province of Prince Edward Island.
6.0 FREEDOM OF INFORMATION AND PROTECTION OF PRIVACY ACT
Information contained in and collected in relation to this Agreement is subject to, and will be treated in accordance with, the Prince Edward Island Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The amount of the Contribution may be disclosed at the discretion of Innovation PEI and in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act R.S.P.E.I. 1988, Cap. F-15.01.
- Personal information on this form is collected under Section 31(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and is necessary to determine your suitability and/or eligibility for programs delivered by Innovation PEI. If you have any questions about this collection of personal information, you may contact Innovation PEI, Tell: 902-368-4669 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The information provided on this application is, to the best of my knowledge and ability, complete, true, and correct.