Anger Management Program
Managing emotions including anger is the focus of the Anger Management Program. Priority for the provision of service is to youth and adults who are referred from the criminal justice system. However, self referrals and referrals from other agencies are accepted. The program is offered in a group and/or individual sessions in various locations across the Province. The program offers a practical approach. It focuses on helping clients learn about their emotions and behaviours and develop skills.
Topics covered include"
- what is anger
- the affect of anger on the body and mind
- the link between thoughts, feelings and behaviour
- anger and underlying emotions
- stuffing, escalating or directing feelings
- ways to decrease anger
- communication styles and their impacts
- managing stress
- problem solving
Is there a fee for this program?
There is no fee.
Who can I contact for more information?
Community & Correctional Services
P.E.I. Department of Justice & Public Safety
Telephone: (902) 569-7684