Atlantic Immigration Pilot for Employers - Designation
The Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program is an employer-driven federal immigration pilot program designed to help you fill permanent labour shortages and skill gaps in your business by supporting foreign nationals for permanent residency. There are three different streams which aim to address different needs. The Atlantic High Skilled Program allows you to attract highly skilled individuals, the Atlantic Intermediate Skilled Program allows you to attract semi-skilled individuals, and the Atlantic International Graduate Program allows you to attract recent graduates from Atlantic Canada post-secondary institutions.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible to participate in the Pilot you must be a designated employer. To become a designated employer you must:
- Want to hire full-time, non-seasonal, international candidates
- Be in good standing with provincial and federal standards and legislation as per the program guidelines
- Demonstrate your preparedness to receive and meet the settlement needs of international candidate(s) and accompanying family members, and agree to do so
- Understand and agree to the reporting requirements for the program
What is the process?
The Pilot is a two-step process. The first step is to become designated. You will only need to be designated once, but you will be contacted annually by our office to update your file. The second step is to identify international candidates that you would like to support through this program and submitting an endorsement application to our office.
How do I apply?
The complete form can be submitted to the Office of Immigration in three ways:
- In person at 94 Euston Street (2nd floor), Charlottetown, PEI;
- Electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- Courier or mail package to
Office of Immigration
94 Euston Street, 2nd Floor
PO Box 1176
Canada C1A 7M8
Do I have to pay a fee?
There are no fees payable to the Province for the designation or endorsement process.
What forms do I need to fill out?
To become designated as an employer who is eligible to use the Pilot Program, you must complete an employer designation form. To apply to have a candidate endorsed, you must already be a designated employer and then submit an endorsement form.
Who can I contact with questions?
Forward questions related to the Pilot Program to email@example.com or call (902) 620-3628.