You can apply for a nomination for permanent residency through the International Graduate stream of the Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP), if you graduated from an accredited PEI post secondary institution and are currently working in PEI. The International Graduate stream is employer-driven, allowing Island employers to fill high-skilled positions that they are unable to fill through the local job market.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible to apply for the PEI International Graduate stream you must:
- Score at least 50 points on the Labour Impact Self-Assessment.
- Have a full-time long-term (i.e. permanent or minimum of 2 years) job offer from a PEI employer in NOC skill level O, A, or B.
- Have worked a minimum of six months for the PEI employer.
- Have a valid post-graduate work permit and legal status in Canada.
- Be able to attend an interview at the Office of Immigration, if required.
- Have successfully completed a post secondary degree or diploma (minimum 2 year program) from an accredited PEI post-secondary institution.
- Be between the ages of 21 and 59.
- Possess sufficient English and/or French language ability to perform the job offered.
- Have sufficient financial resources to pay all immigration costs (including travel expenses) for you and your family to be able to establish in PEI.
- Demonstrate a genuine intention to settle in PEI.
How do I apply?
If you meet the eligibility criteria listed above you must first read the Labour Application Guide [649kb] then complete the application forms. Your employer must also complete the employer forms.
The complete application package, along with the $300 application fee, can be submitted to the Office of Immigration in two ways:
In person at 94 Euston Street (2nd floor), Charlottetown, PEI; or
Courier or mail package to
Office of Immigration
94 Euston Street, 2nd Floor
PO Box 1176
Canada C1A 7M8
Do I have to pay a fee?
Yes, a non-refundable application fee of $300 must be submitted with your application. The acceptable forms of payment are a bank draft, a certified cheque or a money order made payable to Island Investment Development, Inc.
What forms do I need to fill out?
You must complete all applicable provincial and federal forms listed below:
In addition, your employer must complete the following forms:
You must also complete all applicable federal forms from the Federal Application Package for Provincial Nominees
Do I have to use an immigration consultant or a lawyer?
No, you are not required to hire an immigration consultant for any immigration program to Canada.
If you choose to use an immigration consultant or a lawyer, they should be registered with the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC), or be a lawyer in good standing with a provincial law society.
What happens after I am nominated?
After you receive a nomination you are responsible for submitting your Application for Permanent Residency to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) along with your nomination certificate. IRCC will then assess your application for admissibility factors. You can check processing times at IRCC on their website.
Who can I contact to ask questions?
Forward questions related to the International Graduate stream to email@example.com or call (902) 620-3628.