Diversity Employment Program
What is the Diversity Employment Program?
The Diversity Employment Program (DEP) provides casual and temporary job opportunities to qualified candidates who are registered with this program. This program is administered by the PEI Public Service Commission.
DEP also has a summer program which offers short-term summer job opportunities for students from diversity groups.
Am I eligible to register with DEP?
- You must be a member of one of the designated diversity groups
- Candidates from other diversity groups that do not fall into any of the above categories may also be considered
What is the selection process?
- Job openings are first advertised to internal applicants and if the position is not filled internally, departments can approach the PSC for placement through DEP.
- Qualified applicants are referred by PSC to departments/agencies for screening and interviewed for available opportunities.
- The successful applicant can then be appointed by the PSC for a specified term.
- The applicant’s employment term may be extended by PSC on recommendation by the department.
- The PSC Diversity Consultant will monitor the employee’s progress and provide support.
- After continuous employment for a one-year period, the applicant would be eligible to compete for internal competitions as an internal candidate.
How do I apply?
Fill out the PSC employment application. ( PDF/454.92KB)
Important: We encourage all candidates to indicate voluntarily on their application if they belong to any designated diversity group.
Where can I find the other Job opportunities?
Visit the Jobs PEI website for the other job opportunities
Is there a fee to register for DEP or apply for jobs?
No, there is no fee to register for DEP.
Is there a deadline to apply for jobs?
Yes, there is a certain time limit to apply for each job application.
You can also submit your employment application and updated resume by mail, email or in-person directly to:
Staffing and Human Resource Planning
105 Rochford street
PO Box 2000,Charlottetown
Prince Edward Island
Canada C1A 7N8
Telephone: (902) 368-4184
Fax: (902) 368-4383