Community Capacity Building Program - Rural Growth Initiative
The purpose of the Community Capacity Building Program is to:
Cultivate high levels of strategic expertise to support rural communities to identify solutions for complex problems.
Who is eligible for funding assistance?
- Incorporated and non-profit organizations which have a mandate for community and/or economic development.
- Non-profit cooperatives that do not share dividends.
- Municipal governments.
What funding assistance is available?
Under the Community Capacity Building Program, financial assistance is in the form of a non-repayable contribution, normally to a maximum contribution of 50 per cent of eligible costs up to $20,000 per application. The client should normally contribute a monetary minimum of ten per cent of the total project cost (in kind ineligible). Federal and Provincial funding cannot normally exceed 75 per cent of the total project costs.
What are the eligible activities?
- Professional planning-related training services – To develop the planning capacity of organizations.
- Professional services to develop regional economic development plans – To provide regions with a roadmap towards growth.
- Professional services to develop strategic, operational, communication, sustainability, and infrastructure development plans – To provide organizations with a roadmap towards growth.
- Professional services for completing community-based research – To assist organizations in identifying root-case issues related to development, propose strategic solutions, and establish regional economic development goals.
- Professional training services for policy capacity development – To increase rural youth’s and organization’s capacity to develop sound policy research skills to influence decision-making.
- Other professional training services for organization development – (e.g. grant management training, strategic communications training, etc.)
What are considered ineligible activities?
- Costs of an organization’s core operations (including wages).
- Costs related to infrastructure.
- Activities which are not targeted at rural areas.
What is the program deadline?
The program expires March 31, 2019 and no claims for funding will be accepted with expenditures incurred after that date.
Who do I contact for more information?
Please contact a Community Development Officer prior to preparing an application for funding:
|West Prince||Ellen Rennie||902-853-0104|
|East Prince/Central Queens||Kellie Mulligan||902-887-3975|
|Evangeline||Giselle Bernard (bilingual)||902-854-3680|
|Southern Kings/Queens||Sonia Dixon||902-838-0618|
|Eastern Kings||Chris Blaisdell||902-687-7083|
How do I submit an application?
Completed applications may be submitted to the attention of the Community Development Officer via email at RGPR-CPRMR@gov.pe.ca. Please include the program name in the subject line.
You can also mail in applications to:
PEI Department of Rural & Regional Development
548 Main Street Montague, PO Box 1180, PE C0A 1R0
Attn: Rural Growth Initiative