Community Revitalization Program - Rural Growth Initiative
The purpose of the Community Revitalization Program is to:
Support the revitalization of rural communities through strategic investments in infrastructure that is important for rural culture, society, and economic development.
Who is eligible for funding assistance?
- Incorporated and non-profit organizations which have a mandate for community and/or economic development.
- Non-profit cooperatives that do not share dividends.
- Municipal governments.
What funding assistance is available?
Under the Community Revitalization Program, financial assistance is in the form of a non-repayable contribution, normally to a maximum contribution of 50 per cent of eligible costs up to $100,000 per application. The client should normally contribute a monetary minimum of ten per cent of the total project cost (in kind ineligible). Federal and Provincial funding cannot normally exceed 75 per cent of the total project costs.
What are the eligible activities?
- Capital costs related to renovation and/or expansion of projects that support regional priorities to enhance the social, heritage, cultural, recreational, health & safety of Island communities.
- Capital projects that will promote economic initiatives with respect to regional development, diversification, innovation, and key sectors.
What is the application adjudication criteria?
- Extent of the project’s contribution to economic development.
- Extent of the project’s positive impact on rural PEI.
- Ability to leverage support from other partners.
- Project’s demonstrated value to the community, region, and province.
- Project’s value with regard to the strategic interest of the province.
- Proponent’s ability to confirm its share of the project costs.
- Proponent’s ability to demonstrate the financial sustainability of the project, with particular regard to operating and maintenance costs.
- The completeness of the project application.
- Demonstrated community support by other groups and organizations.
What activities are ineligible?
- Costs of an organization’s core operations (including wages).
- Plans (see Community Capacity Building Program for planning-related support).
- Activities which are not targeted at rural areas.
Ineligible projects and costs include but are not limited to:
- Religious buildings (churches, mosques, synagogues, etc.)
- Bait sheds,
- Funeral homes,
- Early learning centers,
- Community care facilities,
- Land purchase.
Who do I contact for more information?
Please contact a Community Development Officer prior to preparing an application for funding:
|West Prince||Ellen Rennie||902-853-0104|
|East Prince/Central Queens||Kellie Mulligan||902-887-3975|
|Evangeline||Giselle Bernard (bilingual)||902-854-3680|
|Southern Kings/Queens||Sonia Dixon||902-838-0618|
|Eastern Kings||Chris Blaisdell||902-687-7083|
How do I submit an application?
Completed applications may be submitted to the attention of the Community Development Officer via email at RGPR-CPRMR@gov.pe.ca. Please include the program name in the subject line.
You can also mail in applications to:
PEI Department of Rural & Regional Development
548 Main Street Montague, PO Box 1180, PE C0A 1R0
Attn: Rural Growth Initiative