Strategic Industry Growth Initiative Program
The Strategic Industry Growth Initiative is designed to increase the competitiveness, productivity and profitability of the agriculture industry through a coordinated effort to accelerate the development and successful commercialization of food products from Prince Edward Island.
Who is eligible for funding?
- Mi’kmaq First Nations and other Indigenous Organizations;
- Agriculture industry organizations and associations;
- Entities collectively representing all agricultural sectors with the necessary expertise to deliver project outcomes;
- Public, private and academic institutions; and
- Others may be considered upon request.
What types of expenses are eligible for funding?
- Travel and associated costs;
- Research, consultation, coordination and legal fees;
- Hiring of short-term external expertise; and
- Capital equipment purchases.
Where can I find more information?
When can I submit my application?
Applications for SIGI will open at 8:30 a.m. on Monday, April 16, 2018. Applications received prior to this date and time will not be considered.
For more information contact:
SIGI Agriculture Information Officer
PEI Department of Agriculture and Land
11 Kent Street, PO Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE, C1A 7N8
Telephone: (902) 368-4880
Fax: (902) 368-4857
The Canadian Agriculture Partnership (CAP) is a five-year, $3-billion commitment by Canada's federal, provincial and territorial governments that supports Canada's agri-food and agri-products sectors. This includes a $2 billion commitment that is cost-shared 60 per cent federally and 40 per cent provincially/territorially for programs that are designed and delivered by provinces and territories.