Approval to Proceed on Construction Projects

Do I need approval before starting my construction project?

You will need to receive an Environmental Management Section (EMS) Approval-to-Proceed if your work takes place within the provincial right-of-way, or if your work could result in a possible impact to the right-of-way.

For example, you would need approval before:

  • Road or culvert construction
  • Water or sewer installation
  • Landscaping

To get approval, you must fill out an Project Registration and Assessment Form and mail it to P.O. Box 2000, Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8, or fax it to (902) 368-5395.  A representative from the EMS will be in contact with you to review your proposal.

For more information contact Paul Strain by phone at (902) 368-419 or by email at

Published date: 
April 3, 2023
Transportation and Infrastructure

General Inquiries

Environmental Management
3rd Floor, Jones Building
11 Kent Street
PO Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8

Phone: 902-368-5221
Fax: 902-368-5395