Commercial Energy Audit Program
The efficiencyPEI Commercial Energy Audit Program provides financial incentives towards an evaluation to determine the potential for energy efficiency in commercial buildings. Incentives vary by building category as outlined below.
All existing commercial and institutional buildings in PEI are eligible. Some examples include:
- retail buildings
- grocery stores
- municipal buildings
- recreational facilities
- office buildings
- community halls
- large multi-unit residential buildings (600 square metres or greater)
|Class 1 (Small)||Class II (Medium)||Class III (Large)|
|Up to 15,000 square feet or 1,394 square metres||15,000 to 75,000 square feet or 1,394 to 6,968 square metres||75,000 square feet and larger or 6,968 square metres and larger|
Funding for 25 per cent of the cost of an energy audit to determine potential energy efficiency upgrades (up to a maximum of $500).
Funding for 25 per cent of the cost of an energy audit to determine potential energy efficiency upgrades (up to a maximum of $750)
Funding for 25 per cent of the cost of an energy audit to determine potential energy efficiency upgrades (up to a maximum of $1,000)
How do I apply for the program?
- Contact the energy management service provider to schedule an energy audit of your building*. To date, the following energy management service providers have been active partners registered with NRCan. Submit an Energy Audit Assistance application form complete with the paid invoice to receive the provincial government's audit assistance as indicated above.
- exp Services Inc - Ph: 506-858-1300
- Kevin Kelly - Ph: 902-836-5525
- Coles Associates - Ph: 902-368-2300
- I. B. Storey - Ph: 902-367-3545
- MCA Consultants Inc. - Ph: 902-566-9223
- Richardson and Associates - Ph: 902-566-9223
- Homecheck o/a HouseMaster Inspections - Ph: 902-436-3248
- WSP Canada Inc. - Ph: 902-566-9966
- Capital Management Engineering Limited - Ph: 506-260-5363
- Orange Door Engineering - Ph: 902-388-7685
- ThermalWise - Ph: 902-407-9276
- RJ Roy Energy Management Services - Ph: 902-521-2453
- Have your energy management service provider submit the detailed energy audit (including a minimum of 12 months of historical utility data) to efficiencyPEI.
- Provide a copy of the paid invoice.
- Receive a rebate on the energy audit from efficiencyPEI.
*Costs to hire an energy management service provider will vary by building type, size, and complexity. Discuss your building with one or more Energy Management service providers.
What are the terms and conditions for the program?
- You must provide a minimum of 12 months of historical utility data for your building. The preference is to have 36 months of data.
- You must have an energy audit conducted by an energy management service provider registered with Natural Resources Canada. (Please refer to the list of energy management service providers listed above.)
- You must agree to grant efficiencyPEI permission to access future utility data upon written request.