Energy Efficient Appliance Rebates
Energy efficient refrigerators, toilets and washing machines are now eligible for rebates through efficiencyPEI. The rebate will applied in-store at participating retailers, there is no need to submit an application. Unlike the other Instant Savings campaigns, the appliance rebates will be available year round.
How much can you save?
- With improved insulation and compressors, energy efficient refrigerators will help you consume less energy and can reduce your electricity bills by approximately $300 over 5 years.
- Toilets account for nearly 30% of residential water consumption. WaterSense® certified toilets use less water while efficiently removing waste. Replacing a 13-litre or greater volume flush toilet with a high efficiency toilet can save about 40,000 litres of water per year.
- An energy efficient washing machine will help you save up to $35 per year on your electricity bill and use up to 30% less water.
Where can I purchase the appliances?
Participating retailers are located in communities across PEI. Use this list to find a retailer near you.
|Location||Retailer / Store Name|
|Charlottetown||Home Hardware Charlottetown|
|Charlottetown||The Home Depot|
|Charlottetown||Birts Furniture Plus|
|Montague||Beck's Home Furniture and Appliances|
|O'Leary||O'Leary Home Hardware|
|Summerside||Summerside Home Furniture|
|Summerside||East Coast Furnishings|
Which appliances are eligible?
To qualify for the $75 rebate refrigerators must:
- be certified under ENERGY STAR Version 5.0 (2014)
- be FULL SIZED = greater or equal to 7.75 cubic feet (220 liters rated volume) and greater than 36 inches (0.91meters) in height.
- have a rated ANNUAL ENERGY CONSUMPTION of less than or equal to 20kWh/AV* (cubic foot)
*Where AV= adjusted volume in cubic feet. A refrigerator’s adjusted volume is equal to its fresh volume + (1.63 x Freezer Volume). This adjustment assures that differences in freezer size are taken into account when determining annual refrigerator energy consumption limits.
To qualify for the $75 rebate washers must:
- Be certified as ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2018 (Version 8)
- Have a volume greater than 2.5 cubic feet.
To qualify for the $75 rebate, toilets must:
- be WaterSense® Certified
- have a MaP Flush Performance Score of 1000g or more.