Energy Efficient Appliance Rebates
Energy efficient refrigerators, toilets and washing machines are eligible for rebates through efficiencyPEI. The rebate is applied in-store at participating retailers, there is no need to submit an application. Unlike the other Instant Savings campaigns, the appliance rebates are available year round.
How much can you save?
- With improved insulation and compressors, energy efficient refrigerators will help you consume less energy and can reduce your electricity bills by approximately $300 over 5 years.
- Toilets account for nearly 30% of residential water consumption. WaterSense® certified toilets use less water while efficiently removing waste. Replacing a 13-litre or greater volume flush toilet with a high efficiency toilet can save about 40,000 litres of water per year.
- An energy efficient washing machine will help you save up to $35 per year on your electricity bill and use up to 30% less water.
Where can I purchase the appliances?
Participating retailers are located in communities across PEI. Use this list to find a retailer near you.
|Location||Retailer / Store Name|
|Charlottetown||Home Hardware Charlottetown|
|Charlottetown||The Home Depot|
|Charlottetown||Sherwood Timber Mart|
Birts Furniture Plus
|Montague||Beck's Home Furniture and Appliances|
O'Leary Home Hardware
|Summerside||Summerside Home Furniture|
|Summerside||East Coast Furnishings|
Which appliances are eligible?
To qualify for the $75 rebate refrigerators must:
- be certified under ENERGY STAR Version 5.0 (2014)
- be FULL SIZED = greater or equal to 7.75 cubic feet (220 liters rated volume) and greater than 36 inches (0.91meters) in height.
- have a rated ANNUAL ENERGY CONSUMPTION of less than or equal to 20kWh/AV* (cubic foot)
*Where AV= adjusted volume in cubic feet. A refrigerator’s adjusted volume is equal to its fresh volume + (1.63 x Freezer Volume). This adjustment assures that differences in freezer size are taken into account when determining annual refrigerator energy consumption limits.
To qualify for the $75 rebate washers must:
- Be certified as ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2018 (Version 8)
- Have a volume greater than 2.5 cubic feet.
To qualify for the $75 rebate, toilets must:
- be WaterSense® Certified
- have a MaP Flush Performance Score of 1000g or more.