Heat Pump Rebate Program
efficiencyPEI offers rebates for the installation of ENERGY STAR® Most Efficient 2017 split air source heat pumps and geothermal heat pumps.
To apply for the rebate, download and fill out the application form after completing your work.
How do I receive an upgrade rebate?
To receive your efficiencyPEI equipment upgrade rebate you must:
- confirm your eligibility (see terms and conditions on application form);
- fill out the application form completely because incomplete information will delay or disqualify your rebate;
- collect dated sales receipts showing where unit was purchased and what are the make and model numbers of unit installed; and
- mail this rebate request with original copies of dated receipt(s) and your most recent Maritime Electric Bill to efficiencyPEI.
What are the rebate amounts?
Air Source Heat Pumps:
- Basic Rebate: $500 ($250 for 2nd unit installed)
- Low income rebate for household incomes of $20,001 to $35,000: $850 ($425 for 2nd unit installed)
- Low income rebate for household incomes of $20,000 and under: $1700 ($850 for 2nd unit installed)
- Must be ENERGY STAR Most Efficient rated.
- Ductless air source heat pumps must have 20.0 SEER, 12.5 EER and 10.0 HSPF (for region 4)
- Ducted air source heat pumps must have 18.0 SEER, 12.5 EER and 9.6 HSPF (for region 4)
Grants for Geothermal Heat Pumps:
- Basic Rebate: $1000
- Low income rebate for household incomes of $20,001 to $35,000: $1700
- Low income rebate for household incomes of $20,000 and under: $3400
- Must be ENERGY STAR Most Efficient rated
- Must be certified under Canadian Geoexchange Coalition (CGC)
- Must meet the following efficiency requirements:
- Closed Loop Water-to-Air GHP: 17.1 EER and 3.6 COP
- Open Loop Water-to-Air GHP: 21.1 EER and 4.1 COP
- Closed Loop Water-to-Water GHP: 16.1 EER and 3.1 COP
- Open Loop Water-to-Water GHP: 20.1 EER and 3.5 COP
March 17, 2016