Home Energy Audit Program
What is an EnerGuide home evaluation?
An EnerGuide home evaluation is an energy audit designed to help homeowners increase the energy efficiency and comfort of their homes. The evaluation provides useful information about your home’s energy performance that can help you make informed decisions when operating, renovating or purchasing a home.
How much does an energy audit cost?
The cost of an EnerGuide home evaluation is $300 with the EfficiencyPEI Energy Audit Assistance program subsidizing that cost by $150. The evaluation will be carried out by HouseMaster Inspection Services. Homeowners who wish to participate can simply contact the company to schedule an appointment and the subsidy will be deducted upfront.
In the event that you choose to proceed with efficiency upgrades after the audit, efficiencyPEI will further subsidize those costs by enhancing the corresponding rebates. Participants will see rebates on eligible efficiency equipment increased by $50 per upgrade, to a maximum of $150.
How do I access the Home Energy Audit Program?
- Contact HouseMaster Inspection Services to book your home evaluation. (Booking is done directly through the audit provider. There is no need to contact efficiencyPEI for this step). A subsidy of $150 will be deducted from the cost of the energy audit upfront. As the homeowner, you are responsible for the remaining $150.
HouseMaster Inspection Services
2. Complete the audit and receive an evaluation report with recommendations for your home.
3. Contact efficiencyPEI to receive enhanced rebates on eligible upgrades. Rebates vary depending on the cost of the upgrade and the original rebate value.
What upgrades are eligible for enhanced rebates?
Rebates valued at $150 or higher will be enhanced by $50 per upgrade, to a maximum of $150 per household. Upgrades include:
- ENERGY STAR® Most Efficient Air source heat pumps
- ENERGY STAR Most Efficient Geothermal heat pumps
- ENERGY STAR Oil boilers and furnaces
- ENERGY STAR Most Efficient Gas boilers and furnaces
- Thermal electric storage furnaces, water heaters and space heaters (City of Summerside only)
- Approved solar domestic water heater
- ENERGY STAR gas instant water heater
- ENERGY STAR heat pump water heater
- In-direct water heater
- ENERGY STAR heat/energy recovery ventilator
- EPA Biomass heater
Upgrades with base rebates of less than $150 can still be eligible for enhanced rebates if done in multiples. If the total rebate amount for the group of upgrades is valued at $150 or more, the rebate will be enhanced by $50 to a maximum of $150 per household. Upgrades include:
- Attic insulation
- Above grade wall insulation
- Below grade wall insulation
- Exposed floor insulation
- Air sealing
- ENERGY STAR zone 3 windows/doors/skylights
All upgrades must meet individual rebate program requirements.