VISITOR SERVICES INTERN
FULL-TIME TEMPORARY INTERNSHIP PLACEMENT (Commencing April 2019 for 26 weeks)
LOCATION – Charlottetown
The Department of Transportation, Infrastructure and Energy has created six-month internship placements for graduates in the fields of engineering, lab technologists, construction technology and management, building inspector and visitor services.
The intern will work in Building Maintenance and Accommodations Section of Public Works and Planning Division. Duties will include meeting visitors, of all ages, of the general public to lead and facilitate interpretive experiences and tours of Government House. As well, provide support in overall office operations, assignments and projects for Government House and its Committees. Research, identify and approach potential future tour opportunities, compile information, prepare training and oversee summer tour guides, assist with the coordination and organization of house events and perform related duties as to specific assignments. The intern will have the opportunity to gain experience in facilitation, historical information and event coordination.
• Must have completed a post- secondary University degree (i.e., Arts, Acadian Studies, Communications, History, Island Studies) within the last two (2) years and are seeking a focused work term;
• Must be bilingual (English/French);
• Ability to innovate and have strong oral and written communication skills;
• Reliability with a good attendance record;
• A valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation would be an asset;
• Familiarity with computer software, must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite;
• Must be responsible, highly organized, energetic, trustworthy and a team player with a positive attitude;
• Ability to work both in and outdoors and throughout the property to carry out work tasks;
• Provide a satisfactory current Criminal Records Check, prior to employment;
• Provide a current Hearing Test, prior to employment;
• Experience related to facilitation and Island History would be an asset.
Knowledge & Skills the Intern May Require:
• Knowledge of the role that Transportation, Infrastructure and Energy plays in the delivery of Building Maintenance and Accommodations in relation to Government House for Prince Edward Island Department of Transportation, Infrastructure and Energy.
• Ability to respond to inquiries from staff and visitors accurately and promptly.
• Ability to follow accurately written and oral instructions and solve routine problems.
Salary Range: $22.44 per hour (UPSE Level 11, Step 3)
Bi-Weekly Hours: 75.0 hours bi-weekly
Closing Date: March 18, 2019 at 5:00 pm
Posting ID: 136355-0219TIPO
Apply for this position
Submit your application by mail, fax or online
PEI Public Service Commission
P.O. Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8.
Fax: (902) 368-4383
It is the responsibility of the applicant to confirm receipt of the application, by telephone or in person prior to the closing date. Please ensure that the appropriate Posting ID number is stated on all application forms.