The Government of PEI Marine Atlantic Bursary
This $3,000 bursary is awarded annually to a PEI student who is either a former employee or dependent of a former employee of Marine Atlantic, who is entering post-secondary study for the first time at UPEI, Holland College, or Collège de l'Île .
Who is eligible?
Students entering post-secondary education for the first time who are:
- Former employees of Marine Atlantic; or
- Dependents (natural, step, and/or adopted) living within the same household as a former Marine Atlantic employee
Residency and employment criteria
- Employed by Marine Atlantic (Borden-Cape Tormentine Service) between January 1, 1994 to the opening of the Confederation Bridge;
- Minimum of five years of regular service (three months of service annually) at the time of termination;
- PEI resident during the period of employment with Marine Atlantic
Eligible post-secondary institutions
Applicants must be pursing post-secondary study at one of the following educational institutions:
University of Prince Edward Island;
Holland College; or
Collège de l'Île
The successful applicant is chosen based upon the following criteria:
Academic achievement; and
Application process and supporting documentation
Download and fill out the Marine Atlantic Bursary Application Form and return it to Student Financial Services with the following documentation:
- Cover letter – include how you meet the outlined selection criteria and your chosen program of study;
- Acceptance letter to eligible post-secondary institution;
- Transcript of High School marks (grade 11 and 1st semester of grade 12); and
- One letter of reference from a school official, employer, sporting coach, or volunteer organization
- The selection for the Marine Atlantic Bursary is made by the Marine Atlantic Bursary Program Board.
Deadline for application submissions is end of day April 28, 2017.
Completed applications must be post-marked or dropped off at Student Financial Services before 5:00 pm on April 28, 2017.
Student Financial Services
Department of Workforce and Advanced Learning
176 Great George St., P.O. Box 2000
Telephone: (902) 368-4640
Fax: (902) 368-6144