The Industrial Relations Branch is responsible for providing a variety of services to the unionized workforce of Prince Edward Island. In meeting this objective the branch provides the following services:
- responds to applications for conciliation and mediation services upon request from labour and/or management when there is an impasse in negotiation;
- averts work stoppages through third party assistance;
- works with the parties in resolving work stoppages;
- assists in the development of sound labour/management relations;
- assists organizations in establishing a labour/management committee in the workplace.
Who can I contact for more information?
Hazel Walsh (Office Coordinator)
Sherwood Business Centre
161 St. Peters Road, 2nd Floor
PO Box 2000
Telephone: (902) 368-5550
Toll Free: 1-800-333-4362
Fax: (902) 368-5476