Collaborative Emergency Centre at Western Hospital closed tonight
The Emergency Department and Collaborative Emergency Centre (CEC) at Western Hospital in Alberton will be closed on two occasions starting tonight and over the next week due to the temporary unavailability of physician and/or nursing coverage.
Emergency health services will not be available at Western Hospital from:
• 8 p.m. on Friday, December 21 until 8 p.m. on Sunday, December 23
• 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. on Wednesday, December 26
If you have any health concerns or need immediate health information, call 8-1-1 to speak to an experienced registered nurse for advice on the best course of action.
Anyone with urgent medical needs should call 9-1-1 or seek emergency services at the Prince County Hospital when:
- experiencing discomfort or tightness in the chest;
- experiencing unusual shortness of breath;
- experiencing abdominal pain;
- experiencing prolonged and persistent headache or dizziness;
- an injury may require stitches or involve a broken bone;
- a child has prolonged diarrhea or vomiting; or
- a baby under six months of age has a fever of 38°C (100.4°F) or higher.
Senior Communications Officer