Collaborative Emergency Centre at Western Hospital closed tonight
The Collaborative Emergency Centre (CEC) at Western Hospital in Alberton will be closed tonight due to the temporary unavailability of nursing coverage.
The Emergency Department will open as scheduled tomorrow morning at 8 a.m.
If you have any health concerns or need immediate health information, call 8-1-1 to speak to an experienced registered nurse for advice on the best course of action.
Anyone with urgent medical needs should call 9-1-1 or seek emergency services at the Prince County Hospital when:
- experiencing discomfort or tightness in the chest;
- experiencing unusual shortness of breath;
- experiencing abdominal pain;
- experiencing prolonged and persistent headache or dizziness;
- an injury may require stitches or involve a broken bone;
- a child has prolonged diarrhea or vomiting; or
- a baby under six months of age has a fever of 38°C (100.4°F) or higher.
Senior Communications Officer