Go for Soda at Rock the Boat MusicFest! Designated Drivers can win free tickets!
By choosing to “Go for Soda” at this year’s Rock the Boat MusicFest you could win free tickets compliments of the PEI Liquor Control Commission.
“Encouraging social responsibility is an important part of the Commission’s mandate,” said Heath MacDonald, Minister responsible for the PEI Liquor Control Commission. “We are pleased to support Rock the Boat to celebrate their fifth year, while keeping impaired drivers off our Island roads.”
This year’s event in Tyne Valley will feature up-and-coming Canadian rockers The Glorious Sons and rock legend Kim Mitchell. The event is selling out fast and this partnership with the PEILCC will help make it safest and most successful MusicFest yet.
“This is our fifth year hosting Rock the Boat. We are proud that the event is such a fantastic celebration, our focus is on safety and making it a good time for all,” said Jeff Noye, Chair of Rock the Boat MusicFest. “Our ongoing partnership with PEILCC has played a major role in this success.”
Go for Soda is Canadian Rock Legend Kim Mitchell’s highest charted song on the US Billboard Hot 100.
To enter the contest, visit www.tvoysterfest.ca and click on the “Name Your Designated Driver” contest link. Register your Designated Driver so that they can be eligible for a free ticket. Draws will be held leading up to Rock the Boat on August 4.
Rock the Boat MusicFest Chair
Director of Corporate Services, PEILCC
(902) 368 - 5714
· Rock the Boat MusicFest is held annually during the Tyne Valley Oyster Festival at Green Park, just outside of Tyne Valley.
· This is the fourth consecutive year that the PEILCC and Rock the Boat MusicFest have joined forces to promote responsible consumption of alcohol and the use of Designated Drivers.
· This is the 5th annual staging of Rock the Boat MusicFest
· The slate for Rock the Boat includes The Glorious Sons, Kim Mitchell, Andrew Waite and the Firm, The Royal North, Danny Drouin, The Ellis Family Band and Brad Milligan.
· For tickets to Rock the Boat MusicFest, visit tvoysterfest.ca
· Organizers are expecting a sold out event for 2018.
· Rock the Boat MusicFest is a non-profit organization. All proceeds are used to support local causes, in particular Community Sports Centre in Tyne Valley. Using the proceeds of the 2017 event, the mortgage balance for the Sports Centre was paid in full.
· Many local organizations, community groups and businesses benefit from the event by acting as vendors and/or playing supporting roles for the event.