Government boards welcome Island voices to the table
Through Engage PEI, Islanders continue to make important impacts to their communities.
This month, 21 individuals joined nine different government agencies, boards or commissions. There are more than 70 provincial government boards and Islanders are encouraged to apply through Engage PEI to boards that match their areas of interest and expertise.
“It is a well-known fact that Islanders are dedicated to their communities and to our province. We can feel their sense of community and pride from tip to tip,” said Premier Wade MacLauchlan. “The shared commitment to help their fellow Islanders, communities and our province is what makes Prince Edward Island the Mighty Island.”
“My thanks go out to new members of our government boards and also to returning members. Through your dedication and knowledge , our province will reach its fullest potential,” the Premier said.
Every month, up to 20 board vacancies may be available. Some of the boards currently seeking new members include Learning Partners Advisory Council, Tourism PEI Board of Directors, Regional Economic Advisory Councils, among others.
For a full list of current vacancies and to apply, visit Engage PEI Upcoming Vacancies for Agencies, Boards or Commissions.
Here are the 21 people appointed or reappointed to nine agencies, boards and commissions by Cabinet in February.
Acadian and Francophone Community Advisory Committee
- Jesse Francis -Wellington
- Ricky Hitchcock -Abrams-Village
Advisory Council on the Status of Women
- Caroline MacRae - Summerside
- Regina Younker - Cornwall
Community Care Facilities and Nursing Home Board
- Kelli Bulger (representing the Department of Health and Wellness)
- Stacey Burns-MacKinnon (representing the Department of Health and Wellness)
- John Martin (reappointment) O’Leary
Council of the College of Massage Therapists of Prince Edward Island
- Amy Carver - Long Creek
- Jeremy Coffin - Charlottetown
- Lenore Lubbert - Montague
- Mary Ellen Murray - Summerside
- James Sanders - Mount Vernon
- Marilyn Sparling - Charlottetown
Council of the College of Registered Nurses of Prince Edward Island
- Nancy Murphy - Charlottetown
Environmental Advisory Council
- Pat Bray - Murray River
Fathers of Confederation Buildings Trust
- Kateri Coade - Rocky Point
Heritage Places Advisory Board
- Jock Beck (reappointment) - Brudenell
- Donna Collings (reappointment) - Montague
- Carter Jeffery (reappointment) -Hunter River
- Scott Smith - Ellerslie
Prince Edward Island Museum and Heritage Foundation
- Betty Jeffery - Cornwall