One new COVID-19 case in Prince Edward Island
Prince Edward Island’s Chief Public Health Officer, Dr. Heather Morrison, has confirmed one new positive case of COVID-19 in the province related to travel.
The case is a woman in her 20s who arrived in PEI following travel outside Atlantic Canada. She is self-isolating and being followed by public health daily. Contact tracing is complete.
Dr. Morrison is reminding all Islanders to get tested if they experience any symptoms of COVID-19, and self-isolate until the results come back. Islanders are also encouraged to download the free national COVID Alert app, which will to let them know if they have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
With one case recently recovered, Prince Edward Island currently has 8 active cases of COVID-19 and has had a total of 102 positive cases of COVID-19 since the onset of the pandemic. Information about the province’s COVID-19 cases is available online.
For the latest information about Prince Edward Island’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, visit: www.princeedwardisland.ca/COVID19.
The Chief Public Health Office continues to work closely with the federal government, provincial and territorial counterparts, government departments and Health PEI to monitor the pandemic situation and prepare for all COVID-19 related impacts to the province, including health, social and economic. The public health risk of COVID-19 is continually reassessed and Islanders will be updated as new information becomes available.
Everyone is encouraged to follow routine prevention measures:
- Wear a mask in closed, indoor public spaces
- Washing hands frequently with soap and water
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow or a tissue
- Stay home if you are not feeling well
- Limit touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Keep your circle of contacts small
- Maintain a distance of two meters from others as much as possible
- Don’t share items like drinking glasses and water bottles
- Frequently clean surfaces like taps, doorknobs and countertops
Health and Wellness